Crosses and crescents and sand...Deus Vult!

Started by mmcv, 30 December 2018, 02:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmcv

30 December 2018, 03:46:25 PM #15 Last Edit: 30 December 2018, 04:48:45 PM by mmcv
As an added bonus, my copy of To The Strongest! (a Christmas present from the wife-to-be) arrived yesterday and I had a play around with the rules. I used some slate pieces to mark out the grid (didn't mark every square, just enough to eyeball where they should be) and quickly lined up two forces I thought would be roughly equal. Here's a few pictures I took while playing:

Saladin lines up his troops for battle, pushing the skirmishers forward.

The Crusaders stare down the enemy force.

The Saracen's take the initiative and seize the high ground.

Richard's forces stop the advance dead in it's tracks (aided in no small part by my misinterpretation of the rally rule for the first few turns).

The Crusaders push back to collapse the Saracen lines and surround the last of them taking the victory.

Overall a fun game, got plenty wrong as was learning my way through it, but gave me a good grounding in the rules to read deeper into and play properly next time!

Smoking gun

Hi, Photos not showing in today's post just the grey no entry sign.

I enjoyed the earlier photos.

Regards,
Martin
Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

mmcv

Quote from: Smoking gun on 30 December 2018, 04:22:17 PM
Hi, Photos not showing in today's post just the grey no entry sign.

I enjoyed the earlier photos.

Regards,
Martin

Thanks for letting me know Martin, are they showing now? Fixed the sharing on Google photos on the last few photos. Was it just the ones from the To The Strongest! post that weren't showing or all the armies too?

Glad you enjoyed them!

Nick the Lemming

Quote from: mmcv on 30 December 2018, 04:53:15 PM
Thanks for letting me know Martin, are they showing now? Fixed the sharing on Google photos on the last few photos. Was it just the ones from the To The Strongest! post that weren't showing or all the armies too?

Glad you enjoyed them!

I couldn't see them before either, but can now.

mmcv

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 30 December 2018, 05:20:21 PM
I couldn't see them before either, but can now.

Great, thanks!

Will have to be sure to check the sharing settings in future before adding.

kipt

Couldn't see the second one but the rest were OK.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

mmcv

Can't edit that post any longer, missing one is this I think:

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Some of them are showing and those that are look great 8).

Techno

Very nice, indeed.....I can see all but the second photo.....Grey 'no-entry' sign where I assume that one should be.

Cheers - Phil

mmcv

Battle report with these forces here for anyone interested: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,18127.0.html.

Hopefully, the images will work this time!

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

FierceKitty

Can see most of them this time; like the figures. Cards...rather on the bridge table, for my tuppence of opinion.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.