10mm German Recon 1940

Started by SV52, 01 January 2019, 10:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

French DLM, British 1st Armoured...
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

SV52

Quote from: mad lemmey on 03 January 2019, 11:12:37 PM
Polish Lancers!  :D

Too many bleedin' horses!

Quote from: paulr on 04 January 2019, 07:53:44 AM
French DLM, British 1st Armoured...

Already doing a DLM to oppose the Boche and it's more or less at the same stage.  Looked at 1st armoured, the toy town tanks put me off.

At one time I was planning the Panzer Lehr division and XXX Corps post D-day.  These have been supplanted by elements of the Brazilian Expeditionary Infantry Division (EID) in Italy late 1944 with accompanying armour from a U.S. tank battalion.  The opposition was a bit problematic as there are so many different versions of German organisation; so elements of a generic Volksgrenadier division with an accompanying Panzer Regiment of Pz IVs and Vs.

Meanwhile, got to press on with this lot:

1/72 Isengard HOTT
1/72 British Colonial HOTT
1/72 Napoleonic Swedish

10mm German 1940  WIP
10mm French 1940 WIP
10mm Reiters

15mm Russian Napoleonic WIP

28mm Mex-Amer War Mexican WIP
28mm Mex-Amer War U.S. WIP

1/72 Albatross
1/72 Bf 109E
1/72 Anatra Anasal DS

1/144 Bf-110

1/450 Galleas

1/350 Black Swan pirate ship

54mm Napoleon Bonaparte

28mm Ork Stormboyz
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

pierre the shy

Quote from: SV52 on 04 January 2019, 10:42:55 AM
Already doing a DLM to oppose the Boche and it's more or less at the same stage.  Looked at 1st armoured, the toy town tanks put me off.

I really like how your German Recon stuff has turned out.

On paper 1st Armoured stuff isn't that bad compared to what the Germans had tank wise.....an A9 or A10 or A13 could put a 2 pdr AP round through any contemporary German tank at a fairly decent range. OK roughly half the troops in each British armoured regiment were made up of Vickers Mk VIc light tanks but the Germans still employed a lot of Pz 1's in 1940 Panzer Divisions.

Want some HE or smoke? call up the chaps in Sqn HQ and get their CS variant into action.....whats that? no 3.7" HE rounds available in France.....hmmmm :-[ well there's always smoke  ;)

The Matilda I and II's of the 1st Army Tank Brigade are another issue, but as the Arras counter attack showed having a tank, any tank is better than none.

Tanks in 1940 I guess mainly comes down to a case of not what you have but how you use it, with the Germans showing they certainly knew how to use them successfully?           
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

SV52

Quote from: pierre the shy on 04 January 2019, 06:17:28 PM
I really like how your German Recon stuff has turned out.

On paper 1st Armoured stuff isn't that bad compared to what the Germans had tank wise.....an A9 or A10 or A13 could put a 2 pdr AP round through any contemporary German tank at a fairly decent range. OK roughly half the troops in each British armoured regiment were made up of Vickers Mk VIc light tanks but the Germans still employed a lot of Pz 1's in 1940 Panzer Divisions.

Want some HE or smoke? call up the chaps in Sqn HQ and get their CS variant into action.....whats that? no 3.7" HE rounds available in France.....hmmmm :-[ well there's always smoke  ;)

The Matilda I and II's of the 1st Army Tank Brigade are another issue, but as the Arras counter attack showed having a tank, any tank is better than none.

Tanks in 1940 I guess mainly comes down to a case of not what you have but how you use it, with the Germans showing they certainly knew how to use them successfully?           

Fair enough, just doesn't appeal to me as modelling project  8)

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

pierre the shy

All good SV 52...go with what you want ☺ Personally l have great interest in the British in France after Dunkirk so l might do some 10mm 1940 stuff after our W3K project, but exactly what ĺ'm not sure. Much as l love TFL rules l don't find chain of command that inspiring. Might look at IABSM as they have done a lot of 1940 addons for that lately as well as expanding IABSM rules to modern era and they are company sized rules.....
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Terry37

My vote would be for French and British 1940, but i'm partial to both!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

SV52

Good to see so many fans of the French, one of the less favoured shall we say?  This is my DML so far; artillery regiment, armour group, dragoon company with air support courtesy of the RAF:

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Oh no, the French are great - especially if you field them in some of the earlier pre-war camo schemes (which is perfectly acceptable in HOTT). Hard to beat mauve, yellow and sky blue on a tank!!!!

Yours look excellent!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Womble67

Your French look great

Take care

And
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook