Magnetic sheet and steel paper recommendations?

Started by Nick the Lemming, 27 December 2018, 01:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paper

For steel sheets I buy flashing from the hardware store.

I need to buy some nice magnetic sheets now that I'm mostly using metal bases.

Ithoriel

To post a jpg file from your PC to a forum thread you need to use the Additional Options... tag below the text box.

You can add up to two pictures per post and they need to be 128k or less.

I use The GIMP to reduce the size but many other picture editing tools will let you edit size and/ or resolution.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

steve_holmes_11

Slight delay in updating.

These good folks: https://www.themetalstore.co.uk/products/mild-steel-sheet-uk-suppliers

Delivered me some 39cm^2 mild steel sheets (.8mm thick) at just over £2.50 a pop.
Their cutting service was excellent, quickly costed my requirements, and delivered the sheets without any hazardous burrs on the edges.

The sheets are fixed into the bottom of my pizza boxes using silicone sealant as adhesive.
Some of my little men (Those whose bases I've magnetised) are happily and safely resting in the boxes

Since each sheet add a klio to the load (and I'm stacking the boxes 6 deep), I've improvised supports by cutting some 40mm wooden blocks and applying a magnet to hold them in place.
I'm using 5 per box, one per corner and one in the centre (think of the "5" face on a D6.

For weatherproofing, I've found I can fit 2 x 16" Pizza boxes into a garden bag.

Steel + Magnets + Pizza boxes = Sorting, storage and transport solution.

I

John Cook

With their delivery charges themetalstore tripled the cost of a £5 sheet to over £17.  I passed on that.