Cold War Imagi-Nation stuff

Started by Roy, 05 February 2024, 09:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

10mm Pendraken Miniatures T-54B conversion WIP. Day 1.

What isn't evident from the photograph is just how lumpy the barrel's bore evacuator is. Something to fix in the future.

AAMG and Luna Infra-Red search light are sold as part of the T-62 tank model. The Luna light model features a spotlight that attached to the light's fixings, but wasn't always used from what I can tell, so I snipped it off and glued it in place on the commander's hatch.

Greenstuff modelling putty used to make the Loader's Hatch hinges (as the converted model's hatch, now, opens front-to-back) and the ventilation dome just under the Anti-Aircraft Machine Gun's ammunition box.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno 3

I'll do this later

pierre the shy

The additions and changes that you have made are reasonably straightforward but they really transform the whole look of the model...excellent work Roy  :)   
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

Thank you.

Hoping to get some work in on that lumpy bore evacuator today, now the greenstuff cured a bit, and address the fuel drums on the back. Those drums were the hardest part of the build, to be honest. Wouldn't sit in place properly, and hard to find contact points for gluing (until I filed down the surfaces).
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Roy

T-54B belonging the militia 'Army of Republika Srebvija' during the Bersovijian War of 1986 - 1992 (SFR Godoslavija)

Raider4

Roy

Decided I didn't like how it was finished, so have painted another layer of paint to the tank miniature and the base, plus added some grass tufts (bl--ming back-most tuft wasn't glued properly and fell off when I was repositioning the miniature to photograph - stuck it back on, but only realised later on that is wasn't stuck back in the same place. Hence why it's in a slightly different place in the photos  :-[  >:( )

Quote from: Roy on 26 February 2024, 10:01:02 PM

Painted as belonging to the militia 'Army of Republika Srebvija' during the Bersovijian War of 1986 - 1992 (SFR Godoslavija). The national colours, 'hand-painted by the militiamen on the front of the tank', is the national flag of SFR Godoslavija, to aid recognition during the civil war being fought.

paulr

:-bd  =D>  :-bd

The extra paint and basing work have definitely paid off :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy

Techno 3

I'll do this later