What gaming stuff did Santa bring you this Christmas?

Started by pierre the shy, 24 December 2018, 08:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

Quote from: Steve J on 24 December 2018, 09:54:49 PM
As I always I sort out my pressies, then give them to SWMBO to wrap. That we I get stuff I like, which saves a lot of grief :). So this year some books on the French Revolutionary Wars and the Battle of Killiekrankie.

Must do that next time. Somehow Mrs Westie got me "To The Strongest" and not "For King & Parliament." Not that interested in Ancient & Medieval wargaming and both periods are the least likely for me to collect minis.  :'(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Steve J

Well, you might be able to drop Simon a line and exchange it, as he's a pretty decent chap...

Westmarcher

Will do. BigRedBat at fault. Mrs Westie has their e-mail confirming "For King & Parliament" was ordered.  :(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Norm

Osprey Campaigns - Tewkesbury 1471, I fancy a WoR dabble and this book had some nice narrative on how the armies formed.

Tanks (The Tank Museum) - plenty of pictures that are not overly familiar to me, covers WW1 to present day, some nice bits like training diagrams, postcards etc also included. Good browsing material.

A book voucher that will be re-invested into something militaristic.

This year, the wargame stuff plays second fiddle to vinyl, which I think the kids see as a 'proper' present!

Last Hussar

I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leman

I had visions of the Swiss then, but a big Toblerone also makes a great Christmas present.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Dr Dave

25 December 2018, 02:49:37 PM #21 Last Edit: 25 December 2018, 02:57:07 PM by Dr Dave
I received books books and more books, but also

Warlord:
RN MTB expansion set
Crusader I/II
Pz III
Pz IV
Char B

So what's that all about then?

But best of all... wifey found me the military history trivial pursuit card set.

Steve J

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

King of Tokyo is a great game.

Nothing directly wargamey this Christmas (mainly as I didn't ask for it), but did get some board games

Century Eastern Wonders (the follow up to Century spice road) very nicely produced game, have finally understood it this morning, after two goes at reading the rules yesterday... Hopefully all the family will like this as Spice Road has been very popular

And two expansions for Terraforming Mars, the Prelude cards, and a double-sided alternative board/map. Oldest daughter likes TM but yet to get other players within the family, as the complexity level is quite high.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Last Hussar

I ordered £30 of figures, sent to my parents.
My mum wanted a mail order CD, which my dad sent to me.
My brother saw a desk diary he wanted 1/2 price before Christmas.

Settling up,  my dad owed me 15, which he gave to my brother as I owed him for diary.

I effectively bought my own present.

I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry