ANIMALS!

Started by Last Hussar, 22 December 2018, 12:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Hussar

So, talking to Katrina Van Grouw https://www.amazon.co.uk/Unnatural-Selection-Katrina-Van-Grouw/dp/0691157065. Showed her the Animals range.
The pigs snouts are too short, and the cows should have horns - if they are meant for, say, Border Reivers, they are far too modern.

However the Wildebeest are cute, and we both want to know

WHO THE HELL IS BUYING BADGERS. Let alone TEN of the buggers?
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leon

We've sold a surprising number of badgers...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Hmmm, a Wind in the Willows RPG might have a market.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Last Hussar

Am wondering why you didn't do a mould with a selection in.

GNU PTerry

Dr Dave

When you buy the pack of 10 badgers does that count as the whole set?  ;D

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Last Hussar

Sergeant, remove that... Person... from the mess

GNU PTerry

Leon

Quote from: Last Hussar on 22 December 2018, 12:34:54 PM
Am wondering why you didn't do a mould with a selection in.

It's a bit of a rock and a hard place with options like that.  If we'd done a mould with 2 of every animal in and sold them as mixed packs, we'd get requests for bigger packs of cows or sheep.  If we put more cows and sheep in to try and anticipate that demand, we'd get asked for a load of dogs or pigs.  In the end it's better to offer them in little packs of 10, at a pretty reasonable price, and folks can buy as many as they need. 

You might only want 3 or 4 chickens, but at 10 for £1.50 it's not a massive outlay and you'll have a few spares to use on future projects.  If we did them in smaller packs then we'd have to increase the price per piece, so it might be £1.00 for 5 instead.  We do try and offer the best compromise between value for money and casting efficiency.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

And overall you get that balance pretty right :)

You are also very accommodating when it comes to special orders e.g. 5 geese and 5 chickens :-[
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: paulr on 22 December 2018, 07:59:30 PM
And overall you get that balance pretty right :)

You are also very accommodating when it comes to special orders e.g. 5 geese and 5 chickens :-[

I enjoy my Christmas dinner, but I don't think even I could manage that much.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!