French AMX-VCI and EBR-75 released!

Started by Leon, 21 December 2018, 09:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

21 December 2018, 09:12:10 PM Last Edit: 21 December 2018, 09:30:11 PM by Leon
Our final release of 2018 adds a French five to the Modern Vehicles range with the addition of the AMX-VCI APC and the Panhard EBR armoured car.

The AMX-VCI was an APC variant of the AMX-13 chassis, with around 3000 produced in a number of variants.  We've got the three most useful types:
- the VTT with a standard turret mounted machine gun.
- the 12.7, fitted with a 50 calibre HMG.
- the M-56, fitted with a 20mm cannon.

As well as France, these were extensively used by both Belgium and the Netherlands and are still in active service in various other countries.  

The Panhard EBR was an 8-wheeled armoured car which was originally designed before WWII but didn't start production until the early 1950's.  Both the FL-10 and FL-11 variants had 75mm turrets, with the latter being sourced from the AMX-13 tank.  Over 1000 of these were produced in total, with one of them carrying the coffin of Charles de Gaulle at his state funeral.

Modern
Vehicles - https://pendraken.co.uk/modern/vehicles/
MDV66    AMX-VTT    £3.30
MDV67    AMX-VCI 12.7    £3.30
MDV68    AMX-VCI M-56    £3.30
MDV69    Panhard EBR-75, FL-10    £2.95
MDV70    Panhard EBR-75, FL-11 (AMX turret)    £2.95

And the pics:

MDV66 - AMX-VCI

MDV69 - Panhard EBR-75

And that's us all done for 2018!  We'll see you in the New Year with some more new goodies!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

SV52

Dammit Janet, them's good.  The Panhard looks good for sc-fi as well.
"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

fsn

I have the Dinky Panhard.

Dammit. I don't need another project!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Congratulations on a very productive year to all at Pendraken =D> =D> =D>
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Those Panhards are great.
Stood next to one, those middle wheels are just pure metal, and raised up. How does that work?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

My understanding is that they could be lowered to cope with difficult terrain. Turns the vehicle from a 4x4 to and 8x8.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

ronan

Quote from: fsn on 22 December 2018, 07:10:42 AM
My understanding is that they could be lowered to cope with difficult terrain. Turns the vehicle from a 4x4 to and 8x8.

You're right.
from wikipedia : "The armoured hull is mounted on an 8-wheel drive, with 4 inner metal wheels, which can be raised for driving on the road. The four central wheels have aluminum rims with steel grousers, separated by rubber blocks; with all eight wheels deployed, ground pressure is only 0.7 kg (1.5 lb) per 1 cm2 (0.16 in2)."

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Give Dave's penchant for odd vehicles any chance of the EBR APC, it would seem to fulfil all his criteria - only 10 built, and only used by the Portuguese, Think I have converted more in 6mm than really existed.

Ian S
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

Great models I have to say - even though I was hoping for Saladin and Saracen  :)

I never experienced the EBR, but with the Cloggies (Dutch) had a few rides in the VCI.   It was way ahead of its time.  An MICV as opposed to an APC battle taxi.

I believe the Lebanese had a this vehicle,(possible play in Middle East wargames)  but by and large these French models stand alone. Unlike the little Panhard 90 which was sold all over Africa.

If someone wants an early Cold War  style French Force, then the modest Indo China range is available, add KUS 27 (Korea range - French style beret) .  At this scale the US helmet might pass for the M51   

Sunray

Quote from: ianrs54 on 23 December 2018, 11:57:49 AM
Think I have converted more in 6mm than really existed.

Ian S

I knew it !  Ian S is a closet fantasy wargamer !  =)

Well I do have a couple of armies for Warband. As to the EBR APC - I have a 1-1 Portuguese and a CWC one as well. Both have recce companies.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

Quite a few operators for the VCI but all a bit geographically separated...

I'm really tempted to add some for errr something or errr other.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Sunray

Quote from: toxicpixie on 24 December 2018, 10:37:04 PM
Quite a few operators for the VCI but all a bit geographically separated...

I'm really tempted to add some for errr something or errr other.

Those were my thoughts.   We have errr to add them to.  The VCI with the Centurions, M113s, LandRovers, etc  matched to Korean Brit Commando/Argentine  range infantry you could probably knock together a Dutch battle group (early Cold War).

My concern is that these French models  will sit on the shelf until we get a small modest range of WP/Soviet infantry to play with Falklands Brits. But its Leon's call.   

Merry Christmas everyone -  Sunray out :)

toxicpixie

If I wasn't heavily invested in 15mm they'd all make great AK-47 forces!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting