1809 Saxon sculpts!

Started by Leon, 15 December 2018, 09:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

The next batch of sculpts arrived for our 1809 Not-Kickstarter this past week so we've now got the Saxons!  As with the Hesse sculpts, these are going straight into master moulds so that we can get a headstart on the production moulds and have everything ready to ship out to you in February.

Saxons

Line infantry - Mounted officer / officer / standard / drummer / 2 x march attack / 2 x firing line:
NapSaxonLineInf by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Grenadiers - Officer / drummer / 2 x march attack.  Schutzen - Officer / hornist / 2 x march attack / 2 x firing line:
NapSaxonGuardLight by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Light cavalry - Officer / standard / musician / 2 x troopers:
NapSaxonLightCav by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Hussars - Officer / standard / musician / 2 x troopers:
NapSaxonHussars by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Artillery - 4 x crew.  Limber team - Ridden horse / officer:
NapSaxonArt by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

There'll be a break in the sculpting over Christmas but we'll be back to it with the Warsaw sculpts in the New Year!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Great stuff once again. I find the Bicornes rather tempting and possibly usefull for some Revolutionary Wars games, for complete non-purists like myself!

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Zippee

great stuff again,
some nice movement n some of those poses and the artillery officer in cloak looks good.

shouldn't there be some heavy cavalry sculpts too?

Leon

Quote from: Zippee on 16 December 2018, 05:06:53 PM
Shouldn't there be some heavy cavalry sculpts too?

Those will be conversions of the lights, same goes for the Leib Grenadiers, so that'll get done after these have been moulded.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Zippee

Right got you - that makes sense!

John Cook

More Peninsular types by stealth.  These are clearly Spanish.

Zippee

Quote from: John Cook on 20 December 2018, 12:52:44 AM
More Peninsular types by stealth.  These are clearly Spanish.

Sadly the grenadiers won't be right for that - Spanish headdress is pretty unique

Also we went for the earlier 1805-07 side slung haversack look rather than the very short-lived 1809 backpack - not sure how that translates to Spanish?

John Cook

I was being flippant, but since you mention it a haversack is fine and there is almost nothing that a bit of ProCreate cannot fix.

TinyTinTroops

Lovely figures, almost makes me wish I did Napoleonics - almost !!

What I can contribute is the news that the flag designs for these lads have been done. Still have to do final checks and then do the rest that are needed before getting down to laying them out on sheets to send to Leon. On target for having them done in time.

Tony of TTT

Tony Hughes of Tiny Tin Troops

2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

WeeWars

If the reused French standard bearer still has his fringed epaulettes, please remove as only Saxon grenadier and artillery officers had them.

You're missing a trick reusing the mounted Austrian artillery officer without enlarging his bicorne - like the others. If the Saxon and Prussian infantry bicorne is size small, French and Austrian are medium, and the Saxon light and heavy cavalry (especially the officers commanding them!) should be outrageously and distinctively extra large - like the others.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Just wondering when these will go on general release?

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 29 June 2019, 09:15:06 PM
Just wondering when these will go on general release?

Should be either the end of this coming week or early the week after.  I think almost all of the packages have arrived across the world now so we should be good to release them properly.

Steve J

Thanks Leon and excellent news :).