Royal Marine advancing with BAR (KBR21)

Started by Sunray, 10 December 2018, 12:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

My December order arrived this morning.  I was taken with KBR21 "Commando advancing with BAR".

Phil did not over exaggerate the size of the BAR.  It is to scale, and the bonus ? In the casting it would pass for a generic SLR/FN/M14 .in this scale.

This generates a vast potential for proxy. A host of NATO troops, Bush wars etc.

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

Quote from: Sunray on 10 December 2018, 12:50:58 PM

Phil did not over exaggerate the size of the BAR.  It is to scale, and the bonus ? In the casting it would pass for a generic SLR/FN/M14 .in this scale.
This generates a vast potential for proxy. A host of NATO troops, Bush wars etc.

I obviously did that on purpose.  :^o :^o :^o

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

Quote from: Techno on 11 December 2018, 07:31:05 AM
I obviously did that on purpose.  :^o :^o :^o

Cheers - Phil

In 10mm scale [sic] the sculptor is dammed if he keeps to scale (bland figures/equipment), and dammed if lets it 'creep' to capture the vital detail that makes it recognisable to the Mark 1 eyeball.

Put a Timecast Soviet 84 figure alongside their Scorpion or even their "120mm" mortar and you will appreciate the sculptor's dilemma.