Best Stronghold 2018 GBnUIT Tournament

Started by Terry37, 09 December 2018, 07:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

To follow on with the Best Stronghold for the 2018 Good, Bad and Ugly International HOTT Tournament, please vote for only one entrant. The Stronghold to be considered, must be owned by the player but need not have been created  by him, and would be the one to be used where they to be the defender.

The contestants are, in no particular order:

Samurai General Compound

Greek Ruins

Minions

Giants Kitchen

Mesoamerican

The poll will be open for one week, and at the end of the week I will announce the winner after calculating the results from the numerous forums the polls are on. Thank you for voting and helping us determine the overall winners in each category!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

petercooman

Ithoriel

All rather good but the Samurai just edge it for me.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

paulr

All good, Giants Kitchen would be my pick
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

09 December 2018, 10:58:03 PM #5 Last Edit: 09 December 2018, 11:03:33 PM by Terry37
Gentlemen, I have had a late entry, so please consider this one as well. It is a valid entry.

Gentlemen, I ahve had a late entry for he Best Strnghold. Please consider this one as well, as it is a valid candidate.

Thanks,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Womble67

Very hard choice indeed but for me it would be the Giants kitchen

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Giants kitchen for me, too !

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Samurai compound ... with the Greek ruins a close second.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Hard choice - really like the Samurai stronghold (and I saw it in person!) but it has just been edged out by the Mesoamerican by a hair!
Sleep with clean hands ...

fred.

Samurai

The giants kitchen is made of some very nice pieces, but the lack of a proper base lets it down a lot.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

mollinary

Quote from: Terry37 on 09 December 2018, 07:46:16 PM
To follow on with the Best Stronghold for the 2018 Good, Bad and Ugly International HOTT Tournament, please vote for only one entrant. The Stronghold to be considered, must be owned by the player but need not have been created  by him, and would be the one to be used where they to be the defender.

The contestants are, in no particular order:

Samurai General Compound

Greek Ruins

Minions

Giants Kitchen

Mesoamerican

The poll will be open for one week, and at the end of the week I will announce the winner after calculating the results from the numerous forums the polls are on. Thank you for voting and helping us determine the overall winners in each category!

Terry

Thank you, Terry, for explaining the otherwise impenetrable collection of letters in the title! My favourite is certainly the Greek ruins.
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Terry37

Ladies and gentlemen, and children of all ages,

I am pleased to announce the winners of this year's Barker Award and Stronghold Award for the 2018 Good, Bad and Ugly International HOTT Tournament.  Fortunately, I did not have to vote this year, but it was looking close because there were some truly excellent candidates (I only vote to break ties)! So, without further ado, the winners are:

Best Theme army

Benedict Sharrock's Greek Myth Army, Bakewell Leg, UK

Best Stronghold

David Crenshaw's Samurai General's Compound, Nashville Leg, US

My sincere congratulations to Benedict and David, and they are indeed very well deserved.

My sincere thanks to all players who joined in this year's tournament, and I hope you had fun and will join us in 2019.

A special thanks to the Leg Coordinators around the world who truly make this event happen – without them it would never exist. Bob Beattie, Bob Carter, Mike McEwan, Euan Caldwell, Tom Thomas, Simon Wilson, John Hovey, Tim Moore, Victor Jarmusz and Blake Radetzky

I also want to thank David McBride of Splintered Light Miniatures for his very much appreciated on-going support of this tournament.

The theme for next year's tournament has been announced:

Old School - A chance to build an army with the figures you loved as a teenager!

Dig out and dust of those long forgotten Minifigs painted Gloss!
Give 20mm plastics some love!
Or build an army from your favourite teenage Scifi or fantasy series!
Or even just build an army from the original rules!

So, if you're already a HOTT player or just wanting to learn it, come and join us in 2019. If you're interested in running a Leg let me or any Leg Coordinator know and we'll give you the details necessary. The primary focus of this tournament is to have fun and share a common theme with fellow gamers around the world.

Terry