An impressive rise through the ranks

Started by Norm, 08 December 2018, 06:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

I have  just noticed that my time logged here is going on for 7 days 19 hours.

I also note that I have somehow become a Lieutenant Colonel

When I think back to my first job, I was still making the tea after 8 days, so I consider my rise here as almost meteoric.

Wiki says that I can typically expect to command a battalion, so at last can be represented on the board in say a Black Powder game, yes, I can see it, Battalion Commander in the Old Guard. 

Thanks Pendraken for running a great forum, that is a pleasant place to roam.

fsn

Congrats on the promotion.

I echo the sentiment about this forum.

Shall we have three 'huzzahs' or a double whisky?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

My life's gaming experience would have been much less enjoyable without this company.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Techno

Congrats, Norm....  :-bd

I think you're next promotion will come after a thousand posts....So you've not got TOO far to go. :)

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Well done Norm. Get your new battalion to give the Prussians a damn good thrashing.  =D> =D> =D>
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Congrats, Norm. This prompted me to look at my own stats. Whilst more than 2/3rds of my posts are hobby related, almost one third of my posts are in the 'Chat & News' and 'Fun Stuff' sections - a stat that, in addition to the pleasant demeanour of the members (most of the time  :P ), epitomises for me the reasons why this forum stands out above all others and makes it an enjoyable place to visit. 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Ithoriel

Total time logged in: 113 days, 4 hours and 55 minutes.

I need to up my posting rate :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Compared to you, Mike....The amount of time I've spent on the forum is quite low (Not quite 80 days)

For someone who wasn't going to join the forum...I've spouted an awful lot of garbage.
Only Will (Mad Lammey) has posted more often than yours truly...

The pair of us are quite a bit in front of the 'Dark Lord'. ;)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And it's a struggle keeping ahead of Phil...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

Here's my stats

Total Time Spent Online:   25 days, 21 hours and 5 minutes.
Total Posts:   2614 posts
Total Topics Started:   34 topics
Number of Polls Created:   1 polls
Number of Votes Cast:   43 votes

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

I was trying to keep up with lemmey and Techno but I've given up now.  I'm going to focus on quality rather than quantity...!   :P :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

I'm not even trying to keep up with Will.

Quote from: Leon on 08 December 2018, 02:44:07 PM
  I'm going to focus on quality rather than quantity...!   :P :D

Yeah...... Right  =O =O =O =O =O =O  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Cheers - Phil

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!