Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

mmcv

Hi fsn,

Not too forward at all!

The Normans are fascinating. I was somewhat put off them in my youth due to dry teaching at school but having read up a lot more about them recently I can see what peaked your interest. Their expansion into south Italy and later Sicily could present a lot of fun scenarios to play out.

I can see how easy it is to get side tracked. So far I've managed to mostly keep on track with getting one project reasonably done before moving on, but not sure how long that'll last! Been eyeing up some AWI or ACW stuff for a future project and my historical "first love" was always classic antiquity so I'm looking forward to the updated Greek ranges I've heard talk of coming next year.

I have to say it does seem to be a very friendly forum and full of great resources and inspiration!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Sunray

Quote from: mmcv on 07 December 2018, 08:14:55 AM
Hi fsn,

Not too forward at all!

The Normans are fascinating. I was somewhat put off them in my youth due to dry teaching at school but having read up a lot more about them recently I can see what peaked your interest. Their expansion into south Italy and later Sicily could present a lot of fun scenarios to play out.

I have to say it does seem to be a very friendly forum and full of great resources and inspiration!

How's about ye wee lad ? 

Belfast members pay special Forum rates  to the Ulster Wargame Association .   A sinister character called "Fenton" will be round to collect shortly.    He has a charming sales pitch with lines like "Do you fancy eating breakfast at the Royal through a straw?"

"Dry teaching " eh ?  Could be Belfast Model, Grosvenor  or even Inst ?    Meths and 'the Snob Soup' (Campbell) used to have a decent reputation for teaching history. 

I am just preparing an Ulster Fry from a recipe in the new cook book published by Gerry Adams.   Most of the recipes begin with the instruction "First set your timer...."  ;D 

Your not from "the East" ?  East Belfast Mission (Skainos) had to cancel their nativity play - they couldn't find three wise men, never mind a virgin.

Seriously, Matthew - wind ups aside/messing aside (Fenton is alright) - a warm welcome to the Forum, and mine to keep your head down when you run past Premark. 

See ya about

James

Steve J

Welcome on board and look forward to seeing pics of your figures and games :)

fsn

Quote from: mmcv on 07 December 2018, 08:14:55 AM
Been eyeing up some AWI or ACW stuff for a future project and my historical "first love" was always classic antiquity so I'm looking forward to the updated Greek ranges I've heard talk of coming next year.
Ditch the AWI and get something mechanised, and I shall call you brother. The ACW range is beautiful, and I too am chomping at the bit for the new Greeks.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 07 December 2018, 09:18:19 AM
Ditch the AWI and get something mechanised, and I shall call you brother. The ACW range is beautiful, and I too am chomping at the bit for the new Greeks.

They're on my desk....Now ! :)

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Ditch the AWI and get something mechanised, and I shall call you easily intimidated. ;)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Womble67

Welcome to the forum

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

A warm welcome from me, also.   :-h
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

mmcv

07 December 2018, 01:17:05 PM #25 Last Edit: 07 December 2018, 01:18:56 PM by mmcv
Hello ianrs54, Leman, SteveJ,Womble67 and Westmarcher!

Bout ye Sunray!

Quote from: Sunray on 07 December 2018, 09:08:59 AM"Fenton" will be round to collect shortly
I look forward to making his...acquaintance...

Quote from: Sunray on 07 December 2018, 09:08:59 AM"Dry teaching " eh ?  Could be Belfast Model, Grosvenor  or even Inst ?
It was indeed Grosvenor  ;D

Quote from: Sunray on 07 December 2018, 09:08:59 AMYour not from "the East"
Born and bred, though currently just over the boundary of south belfast....so that explains the dearth of wise men in "the East"  ;)

Quote from: Sunray on 07 December 2018, 09:08:59 AMkeep your head down when you run past Premark.
I was down that way at the weekend...they're hiding it with a pile of German sausage at the moment!

Quote from: fsn on 07 December 2018, 09:18:19 AMDitch the AWI and get something mechanised
Mechanised...pah I like to see the whites of their eyes!  :d

Quote from: FierceKitty on 07 December 2018, 09:57:50 AM
Ditch the AWI and get something mechanised, and I shall call you easily intimidated. ;)
Will take more than that! My interest in AWI came mostly from watching "Turn: Washington's Spies", hard to say if it will continue through to next year...

Quote from: Techno on 07 December 2018, 09:56:44 AMThey're on my desk....Now !
8->

Regards,

Matthew

Sunray

Nothing wrong with the East.  I have friends & family from the Hack.  My first summer job (1971) was rear gunner on a Co-Op milk float. 

We did all the river streets up to the Arches.  Here is a mug shot of Fenton, so you recognise him when he comes round . 8)

Look forward to your posts, comments and images. 

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

mmcv

Hi mad_lemmey and maenoferren!

Thanks Sunray, I'll keep an eye out...   8)