Savage Seas

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 01 December 2018, 11:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

I just saw those on the blog.

They're very nice, indeed, Will.  :)

Cheers - Phil

toxicpixie

I was tempted by some of the torpedo's for our own 1/600th coastal forces stuff, they look really good!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Ithoriel

I got a pack of 1/600 scale torpedoes from Tumbling Dice but I'm still working out how to base them. 32 torpedoes should be more than enough! :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Ithoriel

The group have agreed to keep things low key.

Small numbers of ships each per game.

Nothing military bigger than a sloop or corvette.

I await the arrival of 1/600 scale versions of Scharnhorst and Gneisenau and a hastily scribbled "scenario" for the Channel Dash :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

"I'll just get a couple of boats"

A week later the entire fleet of Coastal Command arrives...

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

I think that's even cheaper than my FLMS had it! If I had time... so tempting... we 1/600th as well, but some freighters, a tanker and a bunch of destroyers are as heavy as we get, I think. Unless clubmate Roy has quietly put the Home Fleet together :D

Ithoriel

Still a bit of detailing to do and ID tags to apply.

Tumbling Dice 1/600 naval.

Rear rank from left to right - Admiralty Drifter, RAF BPB 67ft air-sea rescue launch, 2 RN Harbour Defence Motor Launches and then two seaplane tenders.

Front - two dinghies with airmen waiting to be rescued.

Basic paint job, no fancy cammo or the like, in an effort to get stuff on table before we all go chasing the next big idea!

toxicpixie

Smoke me a kipper, Skipper, we'll be back for breakfast!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thanks to Ithorial for these, extras for my Axis forces.
Two more S Boats and U96 (Das Boot?)

Hopefully I've done them justice Mik.

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Looking good, Will.

Glad they're getting some use not just lingering in my "bitz box."

Womble67

They look Great Will

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

lowlylowlycook