Savage Seas

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 01 December 2018, 11:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Wow! Those look great. I have some info on German E-Boat camo schemes and will see if I can post it.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thanks Terry, that would be fab.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

Lemmey,

OK, finally got some sunshine so I was able to take some pics from a couple of books I have on the Kriegsmarine. Also, this link should be of some help as well.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1MKDC_enUS771US771&biw=1920&bih=938&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=rC4IXMPLFIGt_QbCqZy4DQ&q=s-boats+in+the++kriegsmarine&oq=s-boats+in+the++kriegsmarine&gs_l=img.12...8839.17021..19850...0.0..0.71.1003.17......1....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i8i7i30j0i8i30j0i7i30.ZuOcNPOK88w

Here's the photos - not great, but may be of help.

Note: this one appears to be a mid-blue and a red brown on a white or very light gray.

Photo of the boat above.

No color for this one, but appears to be the same doodles as the previous on a light gray hull and then a white doodle under the blue and brown.

From my research, this seems to have been the most common scheme - over all white. it was deemed the best for night time! But not much fun for doing models - give me the colorful schemes!!!!

Also, if you can find it I highly recommend the book " Arnanstriche und Tarnanstriche der deutschen Kriegsmarine" by Bernard and Graefe Verlag. It is in German, but the photos have English text,and there are some color photos, some color art work showing various camo schemes, and a set of color charts.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Anstriche+und+Tarnanstriche+der+deuthschen+Kriegsmarine

https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Anstriche+und+Tarnanstriche+der+deuthschen+Kriegsmarine

Hope this helps!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thanks Terry, I just downloaded the old Revell colour chart for mine, as there's is based on the channel where the bumph i read claimed the Germans didn't feel the need for camo! The Baltic ones had all the fun painting I guess! ;)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

Quote from: Terry37 on 05 December 2018, 08:22:23 PM
Lemmey,

OK, finally got some sunshine so I was able to take some pics from a couple of books I have on the Kriegsmarine. Also, this link should be of some help as well.

Some cracking photos there

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Thanks Leon, my MBTs arrived today.
Look forwards to getting these done this weekend.

Dr Dave

Ithoriel

MBTs? DD Shermans perhaps :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Westmarcher

;D

Masai Barefoot Technology?
Minimum Best Torque?
Met Betrekking Tot?*

* Fiercekitty - WTF is that?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

They're canadian- Maybe Bacon Tonight?

Dr Dave

Went to see the railway artillery once at the Aberdeen proving guns - and saw the BFG.  ;D

FierceKitty

Quote from: Westmarcher on 07 December 2018, 08:05:27 PM
;D

Masai Barefoot Technology?
Minimum Best Torque?
Met Betrekking Tot?*

* Fiercekitty - WTF is that?

I did do rather a double take there!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Terry37

Yep, was at the museum at Aberdeen many times back in the early 60's. Then almost everything was just overall spray painted in a red rust primer. They were still neat though! And also saw Annie!!!

Terry

toxicpixie

I like the look of them, then I remembered we do coastal small boats in 1/600th :D

Nice painting Will, they look good.
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Two British Vospers MTBs (Thanks Leon), again, great fun to paint.