World War II Wishlist?

Started by sertorius, 09 March 2010, 06:22:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Jack

I haven´t read through all 17 pages here, so please consider any repeats as even more affirmation for the models!

It would be great to see some inter/early war stuff:

US M2 medium tank

Pz 35(t)

Czech (or Slovak) Infantry

Polish everything.

howayman

sorry i thought it was massive lag.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

The US M2 Medium is a waste of time, Polish TP-7 is a clone of Vickers 6 tonner - and or T-26

We do need Chaffee, and other comon used vehicles.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

OldenBUA

Am I the only one thinking that a late-war US Sherman should be added? I.e. A M4A3 with the new 47o glacis plate. Preferably all variants, so with 75mm, 76mm and 105mm howitzer. It would be nice to have a version with additional sandbag armour, as well. Versions with HVSS would also be good.

Besides being the version that was used more than any other by the US army, it also has a lot of uses in later conflicts (Korea being the prime example). And it would be a good start if you want to do the later Israeli versions, as well.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

HPFlashman

Quote from: Leon on 09 March 2010, 09:55:56 PM
I've considered before somewhere to provide lists for customers of how different ranges can work for various conflicts.  A good example would be Maximilian, which can be put together from various codes from all over our ranges?

That would be swell, I`ve been reading a lot of treads and here and there such advice pop up.

From the top of my head, the Ruga Rugas as stand ins for Sudan have had a few pointers, not to mention that several of the packs in the British Sudan Army packs stems from either the Boer or the Zulu line up.   :)
Best regards,

Harry

OldenBUA - yesa the late shermans would be good.

IanS

Texas Jack

Quote from: ianrs54 on 26 January 2013, 09:05:20 AM
The US M2 Medium is a waste of time, Polish TP-7 is a clone of Vickers 6 tonner - and or T-26

We do need Chaffee, and other comon used vehicles.

IanS

Ian, why is the M2 medium a waste of time? And though the TP-7 may be a clone of the Vickers, what about the rest of the Polish equipment and soldiers?

I have no use for a Chaffee however.

M2 - not ever used in combat - and not built in any numbers. I made same comment about the Vickers Independant, still made  :'(

There are many more commomn vehicles which are needed - M24 is of use late WWII through Korea to the 1990's in a few South African armies, similarly late war Shermans.

IanS  :)

OldenBUA

Ofcourse, actual use and production numbers don't always have an impact on a wargamers needs. There are many that like 'what-if' gaming, and it seems to be a bit more popular these days as well.

However, from a sales point of view, I think that 'regular' WW2 kit should be higher on the list. It's what most people will be looking for first. I could be wrong though!
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

HPFlashman

Quote from: ianrs54 on 27 January 2013, 09:41:31 AM
M24 is of use late WWII through Korea to the 1990's in a few South African armies, similarly late war Shermans.

Thats the Chaffe ?? If so, it was used in Norway up to the 90s as well... Latest use was two squadrons in the NG along with about 100 EA of the White scout car.  :D
Best regards,

Harry

OldenBUA

Yes, the M24 is the Chaffee. That's already on the designers list though, so should make an appearance sometime.

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,4655.0.html

So you can stop asking for it Ian.  :D

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Texas Jack

Quote from: ianrs54 on 27 January 2013, 09:41:31 AM
M2 - not ever used in combat - and not built in any numbers. I made same comment about the Vickers Independant, still made  :'(

I can certainly see your point, but a Chaffee I can get from at least two other manufacturers (though I am sure not in the same, fine quality I expect from Pendraken  :) ). But as Olden pointed out, there are an awful lot of gamers who do what-ifs, and also in our little niche,  supply can make its own demand. Thus I believe Leon would be well-served to offer up a range of AFVs that are off the beaten track and not available from other makers. But of course, still sell Chaffees!

I wuz just making a point....... :D

Texas Jack

Yeah, it´s no problem. I would just like something other than vanilla from time to time  :)

Dazza

something like this :)

but in a variety of poses

** please delete if it offends anyone :) **
Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.