Recent Posts Link Missing?

Started by d_Guy, 11 November 2018, 02:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

This morning the two links that show new responses to threads you have commented in and all new responses are missing from the forum header. Also the little icon that shows you are logged in is gone.

Is anybody else having trouble with this?
Sleep with clean hands ...

Norm

Bill, late afternoon here (UK) and all is working fine.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Orcs

Sounds like D_Guy is searching for "The missing link"

Good luck people have been searching for that for decades  :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

d_Guy

Dude, I AM the missing link!

Thanks for the replies, looks like the problem is at my end. I'll try iPad reboot and logout/login and see if that fixes it.

d_Guy

Well, that didn’t help. Loaded the latest iOS 12 patch last night so who knows. Meanwhile my iPhone has gone walk-about! I was not meant for the rigors of the 21st Century.

paulr

Running 12.0.1 on my work iPad and links showing...
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

At first I thought it might be some of the ongoing Forum maintenance works causing a problem but everything seems fine at my end as well, so I'm not sure what's causing it I'm afraid.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

d_Guy

Thanks Paul.

I am now running 12.1 so more "bug fixes" since 12.01.  I use Safari put tried Firefox but still no joy.
Yesterday I was using 12.01 and things were fine.

d_Guy

Thanks for checking also, Leon. Problem is at my end I fear. The little icons to the left of catagories still work as do the "new" flags on posts so I can still find new stuff.

d_Guy

Just noticed that directly to the left of the HOME button at the top of the Forum is an up/down toggle button. Pushing it will expand or contract the header. That's where the stuff has been hiding! Man have I missed bunches of posts. May make Lt. Gen. Just catching up.

Leon

Excellent, good to hear you've fixed it!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!