Thunder on the Danube

Started by Chad, 27 October 2018, 03:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

For those interested in the 1809 campaign, Pen & Sword have a paperback of the above on sale for £10.

Leman

Thanks for that information. I am considering the 1809 campaign as my first serious foray into Napoleonics (I'm only 66, so time for something completely different.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Westmarcher

Quote from: Leman on 28 October 2018, 07:59:42 AM
I am considering the 1809 campaign as my first serious foray into Napoleonics (I'm only 66, so time for something completely different.

As a Field of Battle fan, your next purchase could then be "Blunders on the Danube" scenario book by Peter Anderson (aka Gonsalvo)? Mind you, a tad pricey at $35 hardback (did see it last year for $10 on pdf so maybe worth looking out for any new offers this Thanksgiving/Christmas).

(btw, new period at age 66? - I like your style!) 
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Scolty

Chad, that is a great spot!

Luckily, I had some birthday cash available and was able to get the 3 volumes of 'Thunder on the Danube' recently as background reading for my next 'main' project.
I'm fast approaching Leman re. age (it is only a number!). Looking to get stuck into an 1809 Project early next year.
Thanks also to Westmarcher for the heads up on the 'Blunders' book.

Cheers,
Scolty

Chad

You might also look at W J Rawkins website. They do excellent value downloadable pdfs on uniforms.