Techno had remembered where he parked it...

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 27 November 2018, 08:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

;D

I was thinking - burial? Naw!

As the metal-detectorist said;"There's no history of chariots like this in Wales."

... so it was probably some Ancient British tourist whose chariot got stuck in the mud   :-B  (I believe it rains a lot in Wales).
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

I think I know where that'll be.

I wonder if it's still got the yellow go faster stripes I painted on it.

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 27 November 2018, 08:32:40 PM
That was the late Iron Age though...
His chariot has been found at last.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/incredible-fragments-chariot-found-celtic-15457133.amp

That was probably from when he was taking one of Boudicca's daughters home from a date and the horse "slipped his harness" in a remote and dark spot, so he had an excuse to "cuddle up and keep warm" until it got light.

Rumour has it he never went back for it because when Boudicca found out she swore to remove certain parts of his anatomy. :d

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

She's the one that's buried under the collapsed cromlech, over the road.

The so called 'hill fort'  a few hundred yards/metres away from Techno Towers, is a pile of poop !

Cheers - Phil