Assembling artillery pieces

Started by alanl, 25 November 2018, 07:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

I've just tried the Baking Soda and superglue approach as described above for the first time :o :o :) :) :D :D

Absolutely brilliant, I've completely assembled 9 guns in the time it would have taken me to get the wheels on 2-3 with my old epoxy and blu-tac approach :D :D :D

I put the superglue in the hub of the wheel and as suggested by FSN above :-SS dipped the axle in baking soda before putting it in the wheel  :) :) :)

I used a similar approach for the guns, super glue where the trunnions go, dipped the barrel in baking soda :) :) :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Are we talking Baking Soda or Baking Powder? Or are they one and the same? (Not a fan of the Great British F*** Off)
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Baking Powder is made from bicarbonate of soda and cream of tartar plus a filler like cornflower.

I use Bicarbonate of Soda, which seems to work pretty well, but given it's an ingredient of baking powder that should work OK too.

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Maenoferren

Chassis on blu tack and then baking soda and superglue to make an instant bond, then get them glued straight onto the base to make everything secure.
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

howayman

Never heard of the Baking Soda / Super Glue trick.
Must go and find some guns to glue together now !
Tend to use the accelerator spray but the joints always seem quite brittle.

Thanks.