No US Half Tracks?

Started by acctingman, 20 November 2018, 09:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

Am I blind or do I not see any WW2 US Half Tracks?  :o

Leon

We've got the M3 halftrack in the British range, code BRV68: https://pendraken.co.uk/world-war-ii/british/vehicles/ and there's the M15 & M16 halftracks in the American range as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

acctingman

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

Quote from: Leon on 20 November 2018, 10:05:39 PM
We've got the M3 halftrack in the British range, code BRV68: https://pendraken.co.uk/world-war-ii/british/vehicles/ and there's the M15 & M16 halftracks in the American range as well.

They are Lend Lease, that's why they are in the British range. :)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Well er NO. M3's were almost exclusively US, the M5 was the most normal British version. Also many of the British vehicles were converted from M14's. 
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Bleh! Take a leaf out of Peiper's book ... buy some Sdkfz251s, paint 'em olive drab, slap a white star on it ... who'll know the difference :)

Seriously, I don't think any of our group would care about the difference between an M3 and an M5 in 28mm let alone in 10mm!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Sunray

21 November 2018, 09:29:47 AM #7 Last Edit: 21 November 2018, 09:35:07 AM by Sunray
Quote from: ianrs54 on 21 November 2018, 07:36:41 AM
Well er NO. M3's were almost exclusively US, the M5 was the most normal British version. Also many of the British vehicles were converted from M14's.  

It was meant as  humour Ian. You know, humour.   ;D   A  wise crack explanation as to why US kit should be listed under British.  If I remember right Shermans and jeeps also used to appear under British listing.

Now take yourself off like a good loyal forum member and vote for Pendraken. (If you haven't already done so) :)

Dr Dave

Looking at the mudguards they are M5 in all probability and M5A1 at that, unless the pulpit can be removed.

Can the pulpit be removed.

Raider4

As others have said, M3 = US, M5 = UK. I wouldn't know what to look for to tell them apart.

In general, US vehicles have external machine guns on them, British vehicles have them removed. That's usually true for Shermans, I doubt half-tracks were any different?

Quote from: Ithoriel on 21 November 2018, 08:38:17 AM
Bleh! Take a leaf out of Peiper's book ... buy some Sdkfz251s, paint 'em olive drab, slap a white star on it ... who'll know the difference :)

Or do a Hollywood, take an M3, install bench seats, cut out some of the superstructure, paint it desert sand, add black n' white crosses and pretend it's really an Sdkfz. 7. (Tobruk with George Peppard. The Afrika Korps also had M48s . . . ).

I'm also certain I've seen an M3 in dark grey with black n' white crosses but can't remember the film. Where Eagles Dare maybe?

Cheers, M.
--

fred.

Quote from: Dr Dave on 21 November 2018, 04:18:19 PM
Can the pulpit be removed.

Its a while since I bought these - I think the pulpit is separate, I certainly have a few without the pulpit, but I did get some with a tarpaulin top which didn't have pulpits.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Main difference is the engine, exterior the M5/M9 has rounded corners on rear hull, M2/M3 square ones.
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Dr Dave

Quote from: ianrs54 on 22 November 2018, 07:49:31 AM
Main difference is the engine, exterior the M5/M9 has rounded corners on rear hull, M2/M3 square ones.

... and the front wheel arches / mudguards are very different.

Orcs

And while having thicker steel were not as well armoured
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson