Wargames Illustrated 2018 Awards

Started by mollinary, 18 November 2018, 06:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Quote from: Leman on 14 December 2018, 01:00:06 PM
I think you make an excellent point Peter, but weren't the categories BEST OF and not CHEAPEST.

"Quantity has a quality all of it's own" :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Terry37

None of mine came in top either. As others have stated, I cannot think of anyone who tops Leon and crew for their quality of service. I also agree with what I think has been stated that the hobby today does seem to be dominated by larger scale skirmish type games, which have little or no appeal to me!

May I quote Paris Hilton here, and not in anyway be associated to her spoiled little world - "It's not fair!"

Sorry Leon, but know we love and appreciate you!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

petercooman

Quote from: Leman on 14 December 2018, 01:00:06 PM
I think you make an excellent point Peter, but weren't the categories BEST OF and not CHEAPEST.

Yes, But if 80% buy the cheapest one, the best one doesn't get as much votes. Simple as that. I'm guessing most people vote for items/companies/games they are acquainted with.

For example, if i have never bought pendraken items, i can't vote for their customer service to be the best, because i have no way of knowing that. Same thing really.

Leman

Following this argument indicates that the whole process was a complete waste of time and merely a page filler for WI.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

No surprises there then ;)

As Already noted I suspect the results reflect our 'tribal' nature; what I & my mates buy is best...
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

steve_holmes_11

I guess this feeds back to the thread about the fragmented nature of the hobby.

I know I've not bought a wargaming magazine for over a decade.
I browse the covers and just can't get excited about.

• How to paint (Big scale manufacturer's) new Venezuelan crisis figures.
  • We review some Orcs
  • Pages upon pages of advertorial material

It's very firm heroic scale territory.

Congratulations on the 2nd in customer service.
I read the winner's name with a derisive snort, as I've been less than impressed with their recent work.

petercooman

Oops seems nr 1 is having a little bump in their road.

"Hello Warlorders!

We've been receiving a lot of messages via our social media channels asking about undelivered packages and no communication from our customer service team. We apologise and recognise that you have been extremely patient. Due to the success of our Black Friday sale and the lead up to Christmas, our dispatch team are having to work overtime and recruit members of the Warlord family form all over the company to lend a helping hand getting your orders to you. The same is true of the customer service team: they are all working tirelessly and after hours to respond to your enquiries as quickly as they can. As we're sure you're aware, they receive a lot of enquiries around this time of year, and much like the dispatch team, they are working overtime to ensure they get back to you as quickly as possible.

We know you've all been extremely patient and are naturally wondering why you have not heard a response to your enquiry or why your order has not yet been delivered. Please rest assured that we are working tirelessly to get back to you and not one of you has been forgotten. We will continue to work hard and get your responses in and get your products to you, and we thank you for your patience."

Westmarcher

Makes no difference, Peter, because we've been told there's no chance of a second referendum ....
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

steve_holmes_11

Quote from: Westmarcher on 18 December 2018, 10:15:33 AM
Makes no difference, Peter, because we've been told there's no chance of a second referendum ....

Have a ROFL...

steve_holmes_11

Reading between the lines: "We let the spin caster Troll loose with the franking machine".

They won't make that mistake twice.

Quote from: petercooman on 18 December 2018, 10:08:19 AM
Oops seems nr 1 is having a little bump in their road.

"Hello Warlorders!

We've been receiving a lot of messages via our social media channels asking about undelivered packages and no communication from our customer service team. We apologise and recognise that you have been extremely patient. Due to the success of our Black Friday sale and the lead up to Christmas, our dispatch team are having to work overtime and recruit members of the Warlord family form all over the company to lend a helping hand getting your orders to you. The same is true of the customer service team: they are all working tirelessly and after hours to respond to your enquiries as quickly as they can. As we're sure you're aware, they receive a lot of enquiries around this time of year, and much like the dispatch team, they are working overtime to ensure they get back to you as quickly as possible.

We know you've all been extremely patient and are naturally wondering why you have not heard a response to your enquiry or why your order has not yet been delivered. Please rest assured that we are working tirelessly to get back to you and not one of you has been forgotten. We will continue to work hard and get your responses in and get your products to you, and we thank you for your patience."