The Saar Offensive 1939 - a BKCII AAR

Started by Steve J, 17 November 2018, 07:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Nice looking and interesting 'what if' game :)

I noted in your 'Post Game Thoughts'
QuoteThe British tanks really showed their ineffectiveness against infantry owing to their lack of HE shells. Basically I need to convert or add some additional Close Support Units to my Early War Brits.
If you're thinking of adding some CS tanks I have some bad news, they only fired smoke...

Good luck with the Op
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Nicely illustrated report plus always good to see a close run game. How are you doing after the op?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Steve J

@ Westmarcher. Feeling really good post op thanks and able to go for a good hour or so walk each day. Not bad given I've only been out a week :). Having a catheter in is no fun at all, but at least I don't have to get out of bed at night to go to the loo :D!!!

@ PaulR. Good point, I'll check my Ellis & Chamberlain book and others to see there intended role, but in BKCII they can fire HE.

Shedman

Steve

You do some interesting off the wall WW2 games - well done

alan

Steve J

Thanks Alan :). I find the research very interesting for a new period, scenario etc. Much better than a standard club line 'em type game, although they have their place now and then.

Westmarcher

Quote from: Steve J on 17 November 2018, 09:17:54 PM
@ Westmarcher. Feeling really good post op thanks and able to go for a good hour or so walk each day. Not bad given I've only been out a week :). Having a catheter in is no fun at all, but at least I don't have to get out of bed at night to go to the loo :D!!!

I'm sure Phil (Techno) will empathise there. Hope it was all worth it. Best wishes.  :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

Super 'report' Steve.

(And yes....I do empathise ! Mine was there for months.)

Best wishes - Phil

Steve J

Ouch! Two weeks will be more than enough for me, assuming they do actually take it out...

Terry37

A truly impressive and great looking game. I love those early tanks - the clunkier, the better!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Steve J

Thanks Terry :). You've just gotta love early war kit!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!