What rules for Korean

Started by Sunray, 14 November 2018, 09:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Gorfindel  (Phil) has raised an interesting point.

Quite a few of you have purchased Korea figures.  What rules are you using ?  CWC? modified BKC ? or any other?

Any feed back worth sharing ?

Darren redstar

Glorfindel

I have no experience of Bolt Action but am certainly going to be looking for rules
next year.   Our group has used Warmaster for years (and others in the same style)
so the BKC family looks a good bet.

I will probably be the buyer, painter, terrain maker, promoter etc for our lot and
would also be interested in any ideas.

I've seen quite a few views on TMP pointing out why Korea can be a harder sell
but, like any conflict, it does seem to have many varied theatres.

Looking forward to this next year.

Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Any WWII infantry combat rules will work. The additions would be Centurions, not difficult, M46, add speed to M26, and strike jets, panther and F-80, later Sabre, again not difficult. There several SP guns etc, but again mostly WWII tubes in a new chassis.

Ian S
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: Darren redstar on 28 November 2018, 08:42:28 PM
Funnily enough I have just found a amazon posting for a bolt action: Korea supplement.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bolt-Action-Korea-Warlord-Games/dp/1472836677/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1543437655&sr=8-1&keywords=Bolt+action+Korea
Not due till August 2019 though.

......And as that was your first post, Darren (?)......A very warm welcome to the forum.

Cheers - Phil

Sunray

Quote from: Techno on 29 November 2018, 10:30:39 AM
......And as that was your first post, Darren (?)......A very warm welcome to the forum.

Cheers - Phil

I second that Phil. Darren - welcome to the Forum, and thank you for a very informative first post.  :-bd

James

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Raider4

Quote from: ianrs54 on 29 November 2018, 09:27:44 AM
. . . M46, add speed to M26 . .

Exactly what Cold War Commander does. M46=M26 +5 speed (and a searchlight).

Cheers, M.
--

Darren redstar

Thank you for your kind greetings, been lurking a while now have a table covered in 10mm models in various stages of paint