Some Saga Action!

Started by KTravlos, 12 November 2018, 07:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KTravlos

After a very long time I have been able to game the new edition of Saga. Good fun, Good fun.

You can read more, see pictures, and a video at

https://phdleadhead.blogspot.com/2018/11/saga-again.html

All figures are 1/72 plastics.

KTravlos

petercooman

Nice table and nice miniatures!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Womble67

Great looking table

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

Lovely!

Have you played 1st edition? Would you say 2nd was a significant improvement?

It's a significant cost...  >:(

Terry37

Excellent! The table looks awesome!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

KTravlos

Quote from: Wulf on 12 November 2018, 01:34:49 PM
Lovely!

Have you played 1st edition? Would you say 2nd was a significant improvement?

It's a significant cost...  >:(

Wulf my apologies for being so late. Life had its pound of hobby flesh. The game is much faster and deadlier than the first one. Three key changes are i) taking out the turn attack dice to defense dice option. Instead certain units have a closed rank option that makes them better able to survive combat-thus less time spent calculating totals. That said since a lot of units lose that option (mounted, certain types of weapons) units die faster. ii) Warlords were beefed up but no longer able to attack a unit in conjunction with another unit. iii) units giving saga dice stop doing so after losing a certain number of miniatures. Thus you always have the incetive to get stuck. In

A more expensive game indeed, but a better one imho.

KTravlos

Wulf

Quote from: KTravlos on 14 November 2018, 01:02:45 PM

A more expensive game indeed, but a better one imho.

Thanks. Good summary. Would you say the new game would be playable with the old Saga sheets? Not having to buy the additional nations would help...

KTravlos

Hmm cannot really say. All Saga abilities that affect defense dice or warlord-unit interaction will have to be changed. Also I am not sure about balance. You can risk it and see if it works for you.