54mm LOTR - The Ambush At Amon Hen

Started by sunjester, 11 November 2018, 11:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Years ago, when I was running a games shop I used to take participation game to wargames shows based around the Ambush at Amon Hen, where the Fellowship of the Ring finally disintegrated and Boromir was slain. The game used 54mm figures that had been produced by Britains for the release of Peter Jackson's trilogy of films. Whilst tidying up by loft storage the other day I can across the figures again and thought it would be fun to do something with them and Sellswords and Spellcasters would be the idea rules for a small scale skirmish.

More photos and write up on the blog https://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2018/11/ambush-at-amon-hen-54mm-lotr.html

paulr

Good to see them being put to good use again :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

I remember those.  looks like a good game

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Terry37

Oh yeah, really nice. I didn't know they even made those figures. Are they rubber/hard plastic or metal. I have a few metal ones but don't remember who made them as I got them second hand.  But nicely done.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams