Battlefield Trust talks

Started by Leon, 10 November 2018, 03:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Illustrated Talks: The First Great Civil War in the Tees Valley

The Battlefields Trust: North East & Borders (South) will be presenting three short (about 20 mins each) illustrated talks at Battleground 2018.  The presentations will give some background to the English Civil War in the North of England, the importance of the River Tees and the implications of each battle for the area, the Royalist and Parliamentarian factions and the wider war overall.  A Question & Answer session will follow each talk as required.  All presentations will be by Phil Philo of the Battlefields Trust.

11:00 - The Battle of Piercebridge (1 December 1642)

12:00 - The Battle of Guisborough (16 January 1643)

13:00 - The Battle of Yarm (1 February 1643)

These presentations will take place upstairs in the Battleground venue and admission is free!

In the main hall, we'll also have the Battlefield Trust stall where you can see our Civil War education collection and the fantastic Battle of Piercebridge model by Mark Hornsby.  Pendraken Miniatures, in association with the Battlefields Trust, will be launching a range of army packs representing the three main engagements fought in the Tees Valley in 1642-43.

https://www.battlegroundshow.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/events/234274803929395/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

=D> =D> =D> =D>

Will they be recorded for those of us who can't make it?
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

I'm not tech savvy enough for that I'm afraid, but I wish I could!  We're hoping that the local interest aspect will be of interest to the visitors and it might help us get some local press attention as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Norm

very cool addition to a game show.

Steve J

Malbork