Some new odds and ends!

Started by Leon, 10 November 2018, 02:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

While we're working on Kickstarter, not-Kickstarters, BKC-IV and more, we've still found a bit of time to tick off some of our Top 10 Requests!  This month we've had the designer working on a few revamps and requests so we'll have these moulded and ready to release soon.

First up we've got a couple of Marlburian revamps.  The current command, artillery crew and cuirassiers are older sculpts than the rest of the range so they've needed a bit of upgrading for a while now.  These new ones are much better sculpts and will match in with the other infantry/cavalry a lot better.

Command x 3 / Artillery crew x 4
MalCommArtCrew by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Austrian Cuirassiers x 4
MalAustCuir by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

Next up we've got number 9 on the Top 10 requested items, with a new Vietnam radio op figure, along with a forward observer and medic to go with him!

Vietnam FOO / RTO / Medic
VietnamAdditions by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

And finally, number 5 on the Top 10 requested items is Pirates!  These are a bit of an experiment to see how much demand there is, as we know that a lot of people have asked about these over the years.  We've tried to do them so that they'll fit into any slave revolt / mutiny scenarios as well, to give them a bit of broader appeal.

Pirates x 6
Pirates by Leon Pengilley, on Flickr

We'll get these into some moulds and should have them ready for release in the New Year.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Love them, especially those pirates.  8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...

FierceKitty

Some of those chaps with arquebuses could do as Landsknechts.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Orcs

When will the Marlburians be ready?

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Raider4

Quote from: Leon on 10 November 2018, 02:12:50 PM
And finally, number 5 on the Top 10 requested items is Pirates!  These are a bit of an experiment to see how much demand there is, as we know that a lot of people have asked about these over the years.  We've tried to do them so that they'll fit into any slave revolt / mutiny scenarios as well, to give them a bit of broader appeal.

Pirates x 6

Pirates? Interesting. But, what's the one on the left holding in his right hand? And what's the one fourth from the left doing?

Cheers, M.

Leon

Quote from: Orcs on 10 November 2018, 03:59:45 PM
When will the Marlburians be ready?

It'll be in the New Year I think, we've got the Indian Mutiny to get into moulds first so we'll squeeze these in before we hit the 1809 Naps moulding.

Quote from: Raider4 on 10 November 2018, 04:28:31 PM
Pirates? Interesting. But, what's the one on the left holding in his right hand? And what's the one fourth from the left doing?

The left hand chap is the captain so that's his hat he's waving in the air.  The 4th chap is kneeling with his cutlass on the floor.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

I am very tempted by the Pirates

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

So when are you going to produce the naval gunners, truck guns, and a ship or two ?
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Steve J

Some nice things there, especially the pirates :)

Leon

Quote from: ianrs54 on 11 November 2018, 12:46:30 PM
So when are you going to produce the naval gunners, truck guns, and a ship or two ?

No plans for ships, but we've got the naval guns in the SYW range already.  I'm wondering whether the SYW generic crewmen (trousers, shirt, no headgear) might be passable as a stand-in?

Westmarcher

Honest opinion - with waistcoats and gaiters? No. The ideal would be to have specifically attired seamen. Sorry.   :(

(but the guns and existing crews can still currently be employed as fortress artillery  :-bd  )
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Ithoriel

I was thinking those guns but LOA24 and 25 for gunners.

But then I'm notoriously unfussed about the details of uniforms if everyone playing knows what's what.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

mlr314159

GrumpyOldMan

Hello

How about the upcoming Scots gun crew as proxy pirates:-