Humber Pig and ZSU-57 released!

Started by Leon, 10 November 2018, 01:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We've got some more additions to our Modern vehicles range with the Humber Pig and ZSU-57-2 released and ready to buy!

The Humber Pig was a lightly armoured truck used by the British army from the 1950's through to the early 1990's.  With around 1700 produced, this vehicle is probably best known for its usage in Northern Ireland in the 1970's.  There were also some quite fun conversions, including the Holy Pig (rooftop hatch with perspex screen), Squirt Pig (water cannon), Flying Pig (extending riot screens) and Kremlin Pig (wire screens for RPG protection)!

The ZSU-57-2 was a self-propelled anti-air gun built on a modified T-54 chassis.  Developed in the mid-1950's and still in use today, over 2000 of these were produced and saw action in Vietnam, Yom Kippur, Yugoslavia and the Gulf War.  They were still in use during the recent Syrian Civil War as well.

Modern
Vehicles - https://pendraken.co.uk/modern/vehicles/
MDV64    Humber Pig      £2.95
MDV65    ZSU-57-2      £3.50

And the pics:

MDV64 - Humber Pig

MDV65 - ZSU-57-2

Next up is those Napoleonic Dutch-Belgians, should be ready before we head off to Warfare!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

10 November 2018, 04:28:44 PM #3 Last Edit: 10 November 2018, 04:30:21 PM by Sunray
Quote from: mad lemmey on 10 November 2018, 02:51:29 PM
PIG! Gotta love a pig!

Never loved them.  A bit more armour than a Rover.  They had a short service life in BAOR - issued in 1955 and withdrawn by 1962- only to be re-issued as an IS vehicle in N Ireland in 1969.  I can't see from the image if this is the basic 1609 with no rear(armoured) roof, or the later 1611

The one's we got were well worn and then fitted with more protection for Op Banner. In urban situations it was actually a better vehicle than the Saracen as driver visibility was so much better.   I encountered a few fitted with the Ferret turret and  Browning MG.

Anyway, ideal for early "battle taxi" BAOR tactics.  I will add 4 to my November order.

I think Portugal was only foreign user ?

Raider4

Quote from: Sunray on 10 November 2018, 04:28:44 PM
Never loved them.  A bit more armour than a Rover.  They had a short service life in BAOR - issued in 1955 and withdrawn by 1962

Ahh, fits my current area of interest for a cold-war-gone-hot type of game. Would these have likely to have been in Berlin, circa 1960-ish?

Cheers, M.

Sunray

Quote from: Raider4 on 10 November 2018, 04:35:24 PM
Ahh, fits my current area of interest for a cold-war-gone-hot type of game. Would these have likely to have been in Berlin, circa 1960-ish?

Cheers, M.

Yes they wus ! As mentioned in above post, the Humber is a small APC, and therefore traffic friendly.  Less likely to scrape the chrome of a Mercedes or BMW as one eased one's way out of the Smuts Barracks.   I was back in Berlin in 1982 and they were still a few in service ! This was not unusual for the Field Force/BIB.  Once kit was shipped to Berlin it tended to stay there.  The old Smoky Joe Chieftain with the deadly Layland engine were 'dumped' with the garrison. 

North Korean infantry are a cute proxy for East German People's militia  and there are 1/160 card models of "Brandyburg gate"

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Sunray on 10 November 2018, 05:21:42 PM

North Korean infantry are a cute proxy for East German People's militia  and there are 1/160 card models of "Brandyburg gate"
Drat, and I was going North Korean with mine!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Sunray

Its not clear from the image, but is there front doors with visors sculpted on the Humber?

Leon

Quote from: Sunray on 10 November 2018, 10:17:02 PM
Its not clear from the image, but is there front doors with visors sculpted on the Humber?

It's got doors outlined but I'll have to check on the visors when I'm in work on Monday.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

Quote from: Leon on 10 November 2018, 10:26:15 PM
It's got doors outlined but I'll have to check on the visors when I'm in work on Monday.

No worries Leon.  If it has been missed, it would no be a difficult addition in plastic card.

You mean your taking a day off- shame on you Leon  ;D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leon

Quote from: ianrs54 on 11 November 2018, 12:42:35 PM
You mean your taking a day off- shame on you Leon  ;D

Day off?!  No chance!  Yesterday was midday-midnight doing computer work at home, today's a little lighter thankfully.  I think I need to reduce the number of projects we've got on the go for next year!

Sunray

It you had a "spare" moment to check........orders pending.... :)

Leon

Quote from: Sunray on 12 November 2018, 02:53:24 PM
It you had a "spare" moment to check........orders pending.... :)

Yep, visors are sculpted on there as well.