WW II Japanese

Started by vonlacy, 09 November 2018, 07:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vonlacy

Any chance of a Chiyoda Type 93 armoured car or Type 94 Te-Ke tankttte and an Isuzu Type 94 truck as these would fill a big hole in the range.
Cheers.

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: vonlacy on 09 November 2018, 07:11:52 PM
Any chance of a Chiyoda Type 93 armoured car or Type 94 Te-Ke tankttte and an Isuzu Type 94 truck as these would fill a big hole in the range.
Cheers.

Hi

If you're in a rush another manufacturer makes all these, also I've found Fairy Kikaku resin kits are very handy for the more unusual Japanese and other nationalities - https://hlj.com/search/go?isort=globalpop&lbc=hobbylink&method=and&p=Q&ts=custom&uid=933928739&w=*&af=category%3amil%20selectscale%3a1144scale%20selectmanufacturer%3afairykikaku

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Sunray

Hello Vic

Thanks for posting.  A lot of useful kits on this site.  Both 1/144 and 1/700.   :)

I found a loco with a low loader for tanks, a hovercraft for Vietnam, and some interesting torpedo/patrol boats all in 1/144.

You are still the +1 scrounger.  :-bd :-bd

Wulf

If you never tried Fairy Kikaku kits before be aware they're... what's the right term... oh, yes... crap.  :P

No, that's not fair. I'm sure they're very accurately sculpted (under the fist-sized rivets) and were precisely accurate until the poor quality resin cured & warped. Tracks are invariably cast in front-rear halves to minimise warping. It doesn't work. Track lengths are in short segments, and often the segments don't actually join. It can be tricky to figure what's flash & what's small parts sometimes.

And yet... I own dozens of the little buggers, including 3 whole sets of Sentinels. They do some entirely unique vehicles, and... with effort... they look good.

Orcs

Watch the pack contents, I was looking for 1/144 Type 89 tank. You can buy it as an individual model for the same price as a pack with a tank and three armoured cars.

Also beware the Post office charging you Vat and the £8 handling charge for taking the vat.  Its often cheaper ordering one pack at a time and paying the postage than ordering two packs.  One  you get into 4 or more its not so bad.

Their order system will automatically lump orders together, I ordered twice a few days apart and they both got sent together - fortunately the post office did not notice and I got away without paying the charges.

I have not  had the problems Wulf has had but I have only assembled wheeled vehicles in the Polish Anti Aircraft set.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Wulf

Quote from: Orcs on 10 November 2018, 09:38:14 AM
I have not  had the problems Wulf has had but I have only assembled wheeled vehicles in the Polish Anti Aircraft set.
Wheeled vehicles aren't so bad, really, it's the tracks that cause real problems. But cleaning some of them up, considering how small they are, is a pain.

vonlacy

Thanks for your help guys.

Mike

John Cook

Quote from: vonlacy on 09 November 2018, 07:11:52 PM
Cheers.

Here is one at 1:144 from Shapeways.    https://www.shapeways.com/product/Z95R8M4WK/1-144-type-92-chiyoda-armored-car?optionId=64777738&li=marketplace

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!