Warfare, Reading - 17th/18th November

Started by Leon, 05 November 2018, 10:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Our last journey south for 2018 is the excellent Warfare show, taking place over 2 days in Reading on Sat 17th and Sun 18th November.

We'll need any pre-orders sending through by midnight on Friday 9th please and more info on the show can be found here: https://www.wargamesreading.co.uk/warfare/

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Keep me a North Korean army pack to one side then.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Chris Pringle

Looking forward to seeing a few fellow denizens of this forum this weekend*. On our OWS BBB table we will be running:

Saturday:
ECW - Inverkeithing (in 2mm)
Austro-Prussian War - Langensalza (1866), with Pendraken figures    O:-)

Sunday:
ACW - Antietam (in 6mm)

These are all participation games. The Saturday games are small short ones that should be over in 90 minutes, while Antietam may get played twice or may spin out all day, depending on players' inclinations. But anyone is welcome to drop in and try any of these games for as short or long as suits you; we'll try to be flexible and accommodate everyone who's interested in whatever way is convenient.

Enjoy the show!

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames/info
bloodybigbattles.blogspot.com/

*Andy/Leman: sorry you can't make it this time.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

Quote from: Leon on 05 November 2018, 10:28:56 PM
Our last journey south for 2018 ,

I assume that Dave will be conspicuous by his absence from the stand as he "networks " (drinking coffees, eating pies and chatting to all and sundry)?  ;)

See You and Adele there.  :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

Quote from: Orcs on 15 November 2018, 04:27:31 PM
I assume that Dave will be conspicuous by his absence from the stand as he "networks " (drinking coffees, eating pies and chatting to all and sundry)?  ;)

He's not with us at all this year, just me and Adele for this one.  He's planning on going to Cliff's for a bit of gaming though, so they might make an appearance on the Sunday as punters.

Shedman

@Leon I'll come and keep you company   :- in between having a go at BBB ECW and Langensalza and swapping unpainted lead for painted lead etc

Leon

Quote from: Shedman on 15 November 2018, 10:00:18 PM
@Leon I'll come and keep you company   :- in between having a go at BBB ECW and Langensalza and swapping unpainted lead for painted lead etc

Excellent, we'll see you there!

Orcs

Quote from: Leon on 15 November 2018, 05:34:27 PM
He's not with us at all this year, just me and Adele for this one.  He's planning on going to Cliff's for a bit of gaming though, so they might make an appearance on the Sunday as punters.

HA! I was right. Just make sure you don't give him a discount  ;)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Shedman

Well I had a good day at Warfare

I played the Bloody Big Battles ECW game in 2mm put on by Bruce and lost

I played Bloody Big Battles 1866 Langensalza in 10mm and lost

I chatted to Cad at 4Ground - they've finally realised that 28mm isn't the one true scale and that 10mm is the way forward!

And I had a chat with Leon and Adele about the short comings of the English education system  :o

Numbers seem a bit down but I still rate this as the best show of the year

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

fsn

The Four Pedestrians of the Apocalypse?

Kiss without their makeup?

Reading's Most Wanted?

That new singing sensation "Leon and his Members"?

"Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Dark Lord"?

3 Befores and an After?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!