North Yorkshire Leg of the 2018 GBnUIT

Started by Terry37, 05 November 2018, 09:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

The North Yorkshire Leg of the 2018 Good, Bad and Ugly international HOTT Tournament was held Sunday, October 21st, Hosted by Leg Coordinator Bob Carter. There were eight players – four for the Good vs. four for the Bad. And a first for the tournament – a spectator, John Renel, a friend of Bob's who came to see what It was all about. Maybe we've recruited a new player!!!

John Renel standing at far right, with the Good team standing in the back (L to R) Pete Duckworth, Dave French, Gus Shaw and Graham Cummings. In the front row is seated the Bad team (L to R) John Hewison, Steve Allen, Steve Whalley and Tom Hutchinson.

The armies played were:

The Good:

Pete Duckworth – "Dorothy and Chums" (Wizard of Oz)
Dave French - "Onion Argy Bargi" (Indian Mutiny)
Gus Shaw – "Caledonian 2nd (Lowland) Bde" (Scottish Dwarves)
Graham Cummings – "Raiders from the North" (Humans with two very impressive Mammoths)

The Bad:

John Hewison – "Minions" (Minions)
Steve Allen – "The Virginia Creepers" (Invasive and venomous Plants)
Steve Whalley – "The Army of the Minotaur" (Minotaurs)
Tom Hutchinson – "The Nightmares of the Nile" (Egyptian)

The tournament went four rounds and here's a picture of round four underway. Some very pensive looks on those faces!!!

Pete Duckworth took first place and here's Bob Carter presenting him with the Traveling Trophy.

As I've been advised it was a really fun and enjoyable event, and I also heard some very nice comments on the kindness of both the host, Bob Carter, and the players. Dave French and Pete Duckworth were newcomers to this leg of the tournament, and hope they will return for next year's festivities, and that John Revel might be joining in!

One special note about Pete Duckworth's attendance. This makes the fourth Leg of the Tournament that Pete has played in. So far, he hosted and played in the Coventry Leg, the Staines Leg (which incorporated the Coventry Leg to avoid schedule conflicts), the Nashville Leg last year, and now the North Yorkshire Leg! That's a heap of traveling Pete!!!!

Sincere thanks to Bob Carter for running another very successful Leg of the GBnUIT Tournament!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams