Timecast add US troops to Cold War range

Started by Sunray, 05 November 2018, 01:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Yes, Barrie & Co have expanded the mid 1980s Cold War range with US infantry. The style is the same chunky exaggerated sculpts that will paint up well.  They are Marmite - you love them or hate them.

These chaps are in the Fritz style (PASGT) helmet that was appearing in NATO from 83/84.  It reinforces my belief that the fictional war that never was (Cold War Europe going hot), remains a very popular war game. Timecast have staked a claim to mid 80s.  That leaves the field open to Pendraken  for 1950s, 60s, 70s and early 80s. 

The Falklands ranges (Brit and Argentine) effectively provide infantry types from 1958 onwards. All we need is a complimentary WP and Soviet range.  Add the Korean types and we are good to go.

Is Cold War Europe a more popular game period than say Arab Israeli ?

petercooman

I can honestly say, not with me.

Just too much still to do in WWII before i look on!

fsn

Um ... would Centurions be involved?

Well then, count me in!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

Quote from: fsn on 05 November 2018, 02:31:16 PM
Um ... would Centurions be involved?

Centurions deployed by BAOR, Denmark, Netherlands and ...the Canadians !  :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Dr Dave

Arab Israeli 73 for me to.

Everything Cold War Europe is fantasy I fear. If you have to have T62s bearing down on M60s go to the Sinai.

Sunray

Quote from: Dr Dave on 05 November 2018, 06:09:48 PM
Arab Israeli 73 for me to.

Everything Cold War Europe is fantasy I fear. If you have to have T62s bearing down on M60s go to the Sinai.

Interesting.  There is of course no correct answer here.  As Dave says, the reality of east v west AFV encounters was in the Middle East.  Against that every NATO staff college wargamed Hot War Europe to a very high level.

But its all useful market research so keep the choices and logic behind the choices coming.