Vietnam air power

Started by Maraviglia, 02 November 2018, 05:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maraviglia

Hi.
I've had a look back through the recent post war requests and I don't think I'm repeating anything here but how about making some Cobras or Huey hogs?
While the cobra would be a completely new vehicle (and a nice add on to the modern vehicles?) the hog could just be a small add on to the existing model I think.
So, anyone else keen to "get (to) tha choppa(s)"?
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Winner!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2024 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

fsn

Firstly, Welcome.

Secondly: get thee behind me!

I actually have a Huey from Pendraken. I don't remember ordering it, and I am trying desperately to steer clear of Viet Nam as I don't need another project. 

Isn't there a Cobra kit in 1:144? Or am I dreaming it?

Actually if Pendraken brought out a Chinook, I'd be right there.

Be great with the Falkland range too.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

Quote from: Maraviglia on 02 November 2018, 05:21:48 PM
Hi.
I've had a look back through the recent post war requests and I don't think I'm repeating anything here but how about making some Cobras or Huey hogs?
While the cobra would be a completely new vehicle (and a nice add on to the modern vehicles?) the hog could just be a small add on to the existing model I think.
So, anyone else keen to "get (to) tha choppa(s)"?

Hi, and welcome.

Unlikely as aircraft don't sell big volumes to clear sculpt costs.

Welsh models have a Chinook - pops up on ebay around £5

Miniwing do a Cobra.

I just purchased a trio of F toys C-H46. 

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Matt J

Hi

I have a full Vietnam air cav troop in 10mm

Huey's and loach's from pendraken and a couple of cobras from minifigs (iirc). The cobras are OK sculpts and the pendraken Huey's are lovely. Just got to turn them into open door versions
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

sultanbev

Butler 3D print will do all their models in 10mm if you ask, same price as 12mm, and they do a couple of UH-1s and for that matter, Lynxes:

Mark

Maraviglia

Thanks for all the welcomes!

I know there's a few other options out there but to be honest I just like Pendraken's stuff so if I can get everything from one place then all the better!
I get that covering the cost of a new model has to be a primary concern which is why I wondered about a hog as in my completely amateur, uninformed opinion I reckon an add on kit could probably be made for the existing slick model fairly easily.
There's a few games I've been looking at and the only thing missing from the current pendraken range is gunships which is why I thought it was at least putting the question out there. Regardless, I'll be getting onto some form of army for Nam as soon as my WW1 is done.

paulr

Pictures of your WW1 please :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Sunray

Quote from: Maraviglia on 03 November 2018, 12:51:55 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes!

I know there's a few other options out there but to be honest I just like Pendraken's stuff so if I can get everything from one place then all the better!
I get that covering the cost of a new model has to be a primary concern which is why I wondered about a hog as in my completely amateur, uninformed opinion I reckon an add on kit could probably be made for the existing slick model fairly easily.
There's a few games I've been looking at and the only thing missing from the current pendraken range is gunships which is why I thought it was at least putting the question out there. Regardless, I'll be getting onto some form of army for Nam as soon as my WW1 is done.

Hey- ask for votes and see the response.

In terms of Nam, the Korean Brit early artillery crew + the Falklands 105 Melara = Aussie Artillery 

Techno

A belated welcome from me, as well.  :-h

Cheers - Phil

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Maraviglia

Quote from: paulr on 03 November 2018, 01:34:16 AM
Pictures of your WW1 please :)

As soon as I figure out how to attach images from my phone to this forum I'll do it!

Maraviglia

Quote from: Sunray on 03 November 2018, 06:51:45 AM
Hey- ask for votes and see the response.

In terms of Nam, the Korean Brit early artillery crew + the Falklands 105 Melara = Aussie Artillery 

Ok... how do I ask for votes? I'm not only new to this forum but forums in general. Well, I think I was on one back in '98 but that's not much help.