Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 27 October 2018, 08:28:19 AM
Is this the birth of a new superhero?
Bunny-man, Bunny-man, does whatever a bunny can ...

They can be quite feisty little beasts.

Years and years ago, Von and I had pair of Netherland dwarf rabbits.

Woe betide a cat who jumped into their 'run'.
The male rabbit once head butted one of our cats... (The cat was sitting in the run just cleaning itself, showing absolutely NO nasty intentions to the rabbits)....sending the cat into a backwards roll.
The look on the cat's face was a definite....."What the hell was that for ?"

Another time a neighbour's cat jumped into the run......The male rabbit pinned the cat against the netting, and I'm sure you could hear the little teeth snapping as the rabbit attacked the cat.
We had to rescue the cat...it was absolutely terrified.

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

For any fellow "Buffy" fans here I give you ...

Anya: I've got a theory, it could be bunnies!

Tara: I've got a theory-

Anya: Bunnies aren't just cute like everyone supposes.
They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses,
and what's with all the carrots!?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway!?
Bunnies, bunnies, it must be bunnies!!
Or maybe midgets...

;D ;D ;D ;D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

pierre the shy

Quote from: Techno on 28 October 2018, 08:23:30 AM
They can be quite feisty little beasts.

Another time a neighbour's cat jumped into the run......The male rabbit pinned the cat against the netting, and I'm sure you could hear the little teeth snapping as the rabbit attacked the cat.
We had to rescue the cat...it was absolutely terrified.

Cheers - Phil

Your rabbits must have been related to General Woundwort.... ;)
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Terry37

Pierre, Funny you should mention that. Here's a picture of Winston that if not the General, certainly looks close enough. However, Winston is far too sweet to be like the General.

But when you see this how can anyone even think he's a Woundwort!!!! Trust me, he is as sweet as he looks in this picture.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Terry37

Here are a couple of pictures of HOTT games Bill and I played.

My Halloween army vs. Bills, Parliamentarians

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great shots, and now we know what Bill looks like
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

As I am typing this Bill is heading home, and to give you an idea of how wonderful it was to see him, his drive is ten hours long! That is a full day of driving!!!

But I want to say how much I appreciated him coming over and getting to meet him and make a new good friend. Bill is a delightful person and we had some really interesting conversations on a variety of topics. I think Bill enjoyed playing HOTT and learning it, and for a newbie, did quite well. I saw Bill struggle with other rule sets he was familiar with which when you first start playing HOTT cloud your actions - because I went through the same transition. HOTT is a simple game but also one of maneuver and finesse....and the luck of the die roll!  In my first game I was so proud of holding the hill only to discover I was doing my foe a big favor by leaving my heavy infantry sitting on the hill while he beat me on another area of the battlefield. Lesson learned - the entire board is the  battlefield and leaving guys holding a hill that might be needed elsewhere is not the best strategy.

Bill talked about coming again next year for the tournament and I certainly hope he does. I've heard from the fellows in the tournament and they have said how much they enjoyed meeting him! Bill is definitely one of the good guys!!!

OK, back to typing up my tournament report,

Terry

FierceKitty

Quote from: Terry37 on 28 October 2018, 05:58:53 PM
As I am typing this Bill is heading home, and to give you an idea of how wonderful it was to see him, his drive is ten hours long! That is a full day of driving!!!

But I want to say how much I appreciated him coming over and getting to meet him and make a new good friend. Bill is a delightful person and we had some really interesting conversations on a variety of topics. I think Bill enjoyed playing HOTT and learning it, and for a newbie, did quite well. I saw Bill struggle with other rule sets he was familiar with which when you first start playing HOTT cloud your actions - because I went through the same transition. HOTT is a simple game but also one of maneuver and finesse....and the luck of the die roll!  In my first game I was so proud of holding the hill only to discover I was doing my foe a big favor by leaving my heavy infantry sitting on the hill while he beat me on another area of the battlefield. Lesson learned - the entire board is the  battlefield and leaving guys holding a hill that might be needed elsewhere is not the best strategy.

Bill talked about coming again next year for the tournament and I certainly hope he does. I've heard from the fellows in the tournament and they have said how much they enjoyed meeting him! Bill is definitely one of the good guys!!!

OK, back to typing up my tournament report,

Terry

If the hill is needed elsewhere you can't do much about it, unless perhaps you are Mohammed (peace be upon him) or Julie Andrews. ;)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

d_Guy

Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on