Militia Miniatures - The Bad Guys! Kickstarter live now!

Started by Leon, 25 October 2018, 09:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

"Right then guys," said Granger, knocking Bennett's feet off the table and dropping a pile of folders in their place.  "As we all know, the whole world's gone to sh*t and no one knows what's going on anymore.  We're suddenly in demand again and we've got some jobs to choose from."  Picking up the folders, he started passing them out to the assembled group.  "We've got offers from in South America, Africa, Europe, North America and the Middle East so it's up to you guys to decide".

It's been a while but we're back with another 50 fantastic 28mm sculpts!  As with our first Kickstarter, we want to produce miniatures that aren't tied down to a specific conflict, allowing them to be used in all manner of games and systems.

We've got:
- South American cartel soldiers
- African insurgents
- Republican guard
- European rioters
- American survivalists

This time our inspiration has come mainly from Hollywood, so we'll leave you to guess which movies we've been watching!

Our initial funding target is £3000 and there's also some stretch goals ready to go, including Humvees, leaders, robots and more!

Everything kicks off at 6pm on Saturday 27th October.  The campaign will run for 14 days so make sure to get your pledges in!

Links and more info to come very soon!

Our previous Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/minibits/militia-miniatures-28mm-modern-mercenaries
The mercenaries on Minibits website: http://www.minibits.net/militia-miniatures/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sunray

A real eye candy of well sculpted figures.  They should sell well.

Any chance of a 10mm copy cat range?  I would buy them in 10mm.  :)

Steve J

Some wonderful sculpts there 8). Now in 10mm, they would be hard to resist :D

Raider4

Good luck for the kickstarter, but not for me.

As others have said, I'd want them in 10mm.

Cheers, M.
--

Sunray

If these votes keep on coming, we might have a "Kickstart" for The Bad Guys in 10mm !   :-bd

The comments are a reflection of where 10mm wargaming is at. The detail available in the sculpt is simply outstanding (Yes - Techno take a bow), and there is a demand for modern funky figures that are not tied to "big conflicts" as prescribed in CWC rules/lists.

Plus in 10mm, we have that range of vehicles and 1/144 aircraft.

Leon

We'll have to see how popular they are in 28mm before we start thinking about them in 10mm!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

lowlylowlycook

I don't really need a new time period for East Africa but possibly I could use some for head donations...

One thing that springs to mind is that Beasts of War now has a modern combat podcast.  Hopefully you guys can get an interview.

Leon

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

kustenjaeger

I liked the originals so have gone for a modest pledge (so far) given the 1809 not Kickstarter.

Regards

Edward

Maenoferren

I have passed it around the club in case anyone there is interested 👍
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

lowlylowlycook

For what it's worth, I posted about this in Reaper's Kickstarter subforum.

Leon

Leon

Militia Miniatures - The Bad Guys KS - Target Hit!

Huge thanks to everyone who has backed our project and pushed us over our funding target.  We'll start putting the sculpts into master moulds at this end and we'll get some pics of the castings for you asap.

This means that the Humvee is now in sight and ready to unlock at £4000! This model was 3D designed and printed shortly after our original KS campaign so it really deserves to be in production and on your tables after all that time sitting here on its own! Cast in resin with metal parts, it comes armed with either the M60 machine gun or M19 grenade launcher. If we can hit that next goal, this model will be available as an Add-On at £15 per vehicle.

That's it for now, let's keep this going and get that £4k target hit!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/minibits/militia-miniatures-the-bad-guys

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Now if these were in 20mm, 15mm, 10mm or 6mm I'd be interested !
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021