Giraffes

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 23 October 2018, 01:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Nice giraffes.  Mrs Orcs like Girraffes and I keep thinking about painting a pack up for her.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

14 November 2018, 09:16:40 PM #16 Last Edit: 14 November 2018, 10:38:20 PM by mad lemmey
I like those, nice one Nobby.  8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Good work, both of you!

I picked some of these up at Fiasco - I was quite surprised how big they are. Not sure why this is surprising, as I have seen giraffes, and they are tall!!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

Looking good, Nobby.

I have to admit I was surprised how 'big' an awful lot of the 'zoo' animals were...when I looked their sizes up on the 'net'....and how large they would appear next to one of my '6 foot' tall dollies.
The rhino, the lion and the giraffe, in particular !!

Cheers - Phil

Wulf

Lovely. I really like the comparison to the WWI tanks. Those are BIG vehicles too! Is that dark spots over a light base, or light waffle pattern over a dark base?

If you want to see just how big animals can (could..) get, try the 10mm scale dinosaurs from... another manufacturer... Tanks pale into insignificance with Triceratops, and even whole buildings pale into insignificance below a Diplodocus...

fsn

Thank you for the kind words.

Quote from: Wulf on 15 November 2018, 01:51:08 PM
Lovely. I really like the comparison to the WWI tanks. Those are BIG vehicles too! Is that dark spots over a light base, or light waffle pattern over a dark base?
It's dark spots over a pale ground. 

I#m quite surprise how chunky the MkV is. Fun to paint though.  :D

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!