Polish/WW2 armoured train

Started by Orcs, 21 October 2018, 04:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

Any news on this, as I believe its somewhere in the pipeline
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Sunray

Quote from: Orcs on 21 October 2018, 04:45:01 PM
Any news on this, as I believe its somewhere in the pipeline

Rumour Control confirms that it is "on track"........

Leon

It's on the backburner for now, we'll probably look at it more early next year.  There may be an armoured train supplement for BKC in the works, so we'd want it ready for that...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Orcs

OK, I can wait till then. I have a small painting pile to finish ;)

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Womble67

I'm also looking forward to the release of the armoured train

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sean Clark

This would be ideal for a couple of the 'September War' scenarios from the I Ain't Been Shot Mum supplement.
God's Own Scale podcast
https://godsownscale6mm.podbean.com/

Dannyboy

Any chance of giving this a friendly bump, likewise just bought the IABSM September war scenario booklet and fancy giving the Battle of Mokra scenario a shot, the armoured train is a key factor, plus put on a battle and the first thing joe punter asks is "where is the train"? Seems to be an enduring image up there with the charging lancer cavalry......

Dannyboy

Seems to be popular, I didn't see the armoured train thread adjacent. Appreciate the comments on high cost/ low sell factor made by Leon, any chance of something generic that would cover WW1/ RCW and WW2. The British were using armoured trains outside Antwerp in WW1.

mbrien1988

I also would like to see the Polish Armored trains.

Leon

We may have some movement on this, I've licensed an armoured train in 3D so we just need to get it printed up and investigate the best options for moulding it.

Orcs

Steve J

Could you not just keep them as a printed option, given the probable low sales against moulding masters cost?

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 28 November 2022, 05:21:19 PMCould you not just keep them as a printed option, given the probable low sales against moulding masters cost?

Potentially, if resin moulding is going to be problematic.  The trouble with the 3D printing is that it's incredibly slow so this train is going to be 5-6 hours in the machine I think.  And then we'd need to work out how to price that to make it viable.