Kindle vs Real Books

Started by Womble67, 08 October 2018, 01:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Waterhouse

Arma Pacis Fulcra

Womble67

Ok an update after spending a couple of nights with my new Kindle I can honestly say I think it's brilliant so I might even save a bit of space by buying digital books from now on

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Good to hear its working out well for you Andy
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

nigel drury

I've found a Kindle Fire very useful. Works well as a reader for anything without detailed maps and also as a basic tablet for email etc. I wouldn't want one as my only tablet as I'd miss some of the android functions not available such as the GPS and the excellent OS map app.

It would work very well for say the text volumes of the British official histories used alongside the physical map volumes.  I'm currently reading David Glantz's account of Smolensk 1941 on the Fire, together with the separate paper map volume.

One useful feature of the amazon account is it will remember your place in books across devices (phone, kindle and laptop) in much the same way as it does for Prime content for TV and films.

I wouldn't want to spend a long time reading the Kindle app on the phone but it is handy to be able to access your library if only to check what you already have.