Outland models

Started by Sunray, 16 October 2018, 10:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

16 October 2018, 10:17:15 PM Last Edit: 16 October 2018, 10:27:46 PM by Sunray
Originating from China, I have picked up a few of these on ebay.

The buildings are N (1/160?)1 gauge, but some have "battle damage".  Not sure if we are the market, the N gauge railway demographic  or the Drop Zone si fi fraternity. Especially the high rise real estate.

In general, some useful bits & bobs and good value for money.

The house designs can be a little naïve, but benefit from a lick of paint.

1.  the vehicles I have purchased look like 3D manufacture and are 1/144.   I get a sense that some designs have been plagiarised from other manufactures- the Wild West Town looks like Peter Pig 1/100 (15mm) downsized to 10mm.

Wulf

I've tried some of them, a couple of railway buildings & the lighthouse. The smaller buildings look like they're built of small logs or maybe clapboard - very obvious horizontal ridges from the 3D printing. The 'windows' are... useless. But they have separate doors & roofs, which is nice. The lighthouse is pretty nice, the ridges are prominent, but look like shaped concrete, so not a bad look. The 3D printing is the 'wire spool' type, so not suited to fine detail, but I like them. They're on Amazon too it seems. I haven't bought any in a while, have to have another look.

Womble67

These buildings are particularly good for sci-fi and zombie apocalypse games I have a couple of their buildings and yes there's definitely printing Lines but for the periods I use them for it doesn't really matter

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!