10mm Nappies

Started by Brakmorn, 15 October 2018, 01:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon, can we please have 10mm Russian Grenadier Command made next?

Yes
4 (44.4%)
No (booted from forum)...:)
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Brakmorn

There are no Pendraken 10mm Russian Command Grenadiers available. This is a HUGE problem, as Pendraken has the best 10mm anything available. PLEASE help fix this!

paulr

A bold first post ;)

Welcome to the forum :-h
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Welcome from me, too !

Cheers - Phil

fsn

I like your style Brakmorn.

It's a pity our acquaintance will be so short.  :P
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Zippee

There aren't any jager command, hussars, uhlans, cossacks or other stuff either.

Once we've done the current Rhinebund 1809 non-kickstarter. Russiains for 1809 will be next on my agenda

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Chad

Zipper

So who will the Russians fight in 1809 other than the Swedes ?

Zippee

Quote from: Chad on 16 October 2018, 09:02:33 AM
Zipper

So who will the Russians fight in 1809 other than the Swedes ?

They were at war with Austria and there are a lot of near miss clashes - not to mention that they skirted with clashing with Warsaw forces through Silesia. Pretty sure there was Turkish/Persian stuff going on throughout as well

Also remember an 1809 Russian force is essentially an 1805-10 Russian force, lots of battles in that period, and the opposing forces are much closer to being complete than the existing old 1812 ranges are.

WeeWars

Once the current Rhinebund 1809 non-kickstarter is successfully completed, I am hoping that I can complete my 1809 French and Austrian forces without having to rely on other 10mm manufacturers. Before any talk of Russians or any other loosely-related 1809 agenda (1809 British for Walcheren, anybody?) let's see the same number of variants given to the French and Austrian line infantry as all the new Rhinebund 1809 are getting - and as the 1815 ranges already have. French generals are an absolute must, never mind a complete 1809 guard for Napoleon. And a French Hussar officer. Proper Austrian cuirassiers would also be pure dead lovely.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Zippee

I thought the pose count was the same. 2 March attack and/or 2 firing/advancing.

Imperial Guard I understand is (mostly) already sculpted.

Part of the reason I asked for generals for each of these ranges was to increase the number of general officers available. What's the issue with the French hussar officer? I admit the Austrian kuirasier is annoying - actually the Austrian CL, Dragoons and kuirasier are all a bit poor by PD standards but they at least exist. I'd much prefer to see the Austrian completed with German fusiliers in when I and Hungarian in helmet plus helmets light infantry and some additional freikorps. Otherwise it's done IMO.

sultanbev

"Pretty sure there was Turkish/Persian stuff going on throughout as well"
Yep, Russians had 50,000 troops tied down against the Turks 1806-1811, and another 100,000 facing the Persians 1803-1813, and Chechens 1780-1850s.....

I would certainly buy into any Napoleonic Swedish army. The cavalry are a pain in sculpting terms as each regiment had a unique look and changed them during 1812 in some cases.

Womble67

Hello and welcome to the forum

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

cudders

Hi all,

Got my first samples of the 1809 froggies and well chuffed. Very very nice sculps.

I'm now a convert to 10mm.

Having looked at the ranges its a little hard to see the 1812 stuff as compared to the rest and as previously said there are many obvious omissions that need to be addressed.

Its almost impossible to model all the periods as I only really do big battles. So I'm quite happy to use non exact substitutes. Always painted my Austrians with shako's for example.

Lots of painting to be done and plans to sort but looking forward to it  :D

Cudders

paulr

Welcome to the one true scale  ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!