elizabethans

Started by Dave, 14 October 2018, 01:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

Not as far as the 'Clicky Mechs' I made years ago. :D

From the UK to the States....From the States to China.....From China back to the States...then the States back to me.

That was quite a journey for me to get a copy of each one back.

Cheers - Phil

Jaakari

Well thanks I'm getting into this period & location of history.

Any good tips on a rule system?

fred.

I'm a fan of Irregular Wars - aimed at this period in history, but world wide in scope.

Its a small battle game, which feels appropriate for many of the actions in the era. Has quite a bit of randomness in the selection and setup of the armies, which again feels right, the game mechanisms are good, and give a good game, with enough strategy in it.

In the game each base represents a company of men, with a force consisting of around 10-16 bases.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Orcs

Quote from: Techno on 30 March 2019, 09:39:01 PM
Not as far as the 'Clicky Mechs' I made years ago. :D

From the UK to the States....From the States to China.....From China back to the States...then the States back to me.

That was quite a journey for me to get a copy of each one back.

Cheers - Phil

OOH you made those, they were really good. I still have two box files of the two factions I collected. Swordsworn and Highlanders.  Must get them out to play with again.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Quote from: Orcs on 30 April 2020, 09:10:50 PM
OOH you made those, they were really good. I still have two box files of the two factions I collected. Swordsworn and Highlanders.  Must get them out to play with again.

I've a big box of those too. Eyesight got too shonky to read the dials and or distinguish colours. Keep meaning to try them with one of the new Battletech rule sets.

So many projects, so little time!

Must check Evilbay and see if it's still possible to pick up one or two Clan Mechs without selling a kidney to pay for them. :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data