elizabethans

Started by Dave, 14 October 2018, 01:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shedman

Lovely figures - it's tempting to do Border Ravers with these chaps

Westmarcher

Quote from: Shedman on 30 January 2019, 09:20:50 AM

Some modern Elizabethan Border(?) Ravers ........

;D ;D ;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

Quote from: Leman on 30 January 2019, 08:06:17 AM
I assume the mounted spearman is the genitor. I can't quite tell whether he has a shield or not.

Hi, Andy....I'm 99.99999%, you're right on the genitor.....Because I copied artistically re-interpreted the black and white line drawing from the first page in this thread.

Cheers - Phil

toxicpixie

Reach for the lasers!

Is '97 still modern when it's twenty plus years back :D

Lovely looking little chaps. The figures aren't bad either!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Shedman

Quote from: Westmarcher on 30 January 2019, 09:35:22 AM
Some modern Elizabethan Border(?) Ravers ........

lol - they don't write them like that anymore

Any chance of Pendraken doing a range?

sorry for the typo

Leman

Quote from: Shedman on 30 January 2019, 09:20:50 AM
Or we could use them as Spanish and then they would be Ibiza ravers.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leman

Quote from: Techno on 30 January 2019, 09:41:17 AM
Hi, Andy....I'm 99.99999%, you're right on the genitor.....Because I copied artistically re-interpreted the black and white line drawing from the first page in this thread.

Cheers - Phil
Thanks Phil.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

You're more than welcome, Andy. :)

Quote from: Shedman on 30 January 2019, 09:50:03 AM
Any chance of Pendraken doing a range?

What ?...a range based on my magnificent Charles Atlas physique.....No..... That bloke's to heavy to use for inspiration.... :-\ Hmmmm...He's not that far off, I suppose.

Cheers - Phil

Dave

Quote from: Leman on 30 January 2019, 08:06:17 AM
I assume the mounted spearman is the genitor. I can't quite tell whether he has a shield or not.

the shield is on the other side, slightly heart shaped.

Dave

Sunray

Quote from: Sunray on 21 October 2018, 09:49:28 PM
Thanks Fred, I will check it out.  These figures would also be useful for Border Reiver type games and raids. 

Apart from playing a raid and the hot trod over the Debatable Lands, we could add the Desmond & O'Neill Troubles in Ireland, and Dudley little sortie into the Spanish Netherlands

Or a Spanish raid on a south coast town? Lindbergh have an Ark Royal in 1/160,  Airfix did a 1/144 Revenge. And although a little early in period the 1/144 Columbus set of a carrack and two caravel.   :)

Westmarcher

Here's a link to the "I Live With Cats" blog that appears to offer some useful background information on the Elizabethan Irish Wars, including a short bibliography.

http://ilivewithcats.blogspot.com/search/label/Elizabethan
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

d_Guy

I am a simple man (or simpleton if you prefer). This thread has been agony. I want to do Ireland 1569 - 1601. I wanted to do it in 10mm.
Instead I switched to 15mm to get the pose variety. I have buyer's remorse. Not that the 15s aren't nice enough but the 50% increase in size simply no longer meets my aesthetic (which was more ingrained than I thought).

I have now seen Dave's new figures - I like them - I want them. Do I send an email to Dave?

I am also old - the Irish figures (ELM 12 & 13) need more poses but likely will not see an expansion any time soon. As (imho) Kerns and Bonnachs are interchangeable - 5 additional poses would help - can I commission these directly?

Likewise the gallowglass (ELM 15) could use 2 or 3 additional poses. Same question as above.

Toxic Pixie has watched me change my mind (what is it Pixie, a half dozen times?) on what I will send him to paint. He is a patient man and a gentleman painter (who is also kicking my ass in a campaign-by-mail game), I would like to get something into is painting queue.

As to the 15s I now have, some will be kept for skirmish level, some will make a HOTT army, some will be gifts, some will be traded, some will be sold, some may still end up with Pixie for painting. (They were my Christmas gift from my wife and I will have some explaining to do)

This whole post feel like an auto-da-fe  :-[
Sleep with clean hands ...

Dave

06 February 2019, 07:17:05 PM #117 Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 09:01:16 PM by Leon
Quote from: d_Guy on 05 February 2019, 06:16:18 PM
I am a simple man (or simpleton if you prefer). This thread has been agony. I want to do Ireland 1569 - 1601. I wanted to do it in 10mm.
Instead I switched to 15mm to get the pose variety. I have buyer's remorse. Not that the 15s aren't nice enough but the 50% increase in size simply no longer meets my aesthetic (which was more ingrained than I thought).

I have now seen Dave's new figures - I like them - I want them. Do I send an email to Dave?

I am also old - the Irish figures (ELM 12 & 13) need more poses but likely will not see an expansion any time soon. As (imho) Kerns and Bonnachs are interchangeable - 5 additional poses would help - can I commission these directly?

Likewise the gallowglass (ELM 15) could use 2 or 3 additional poses. Same question as above.

Toxic Pixie has watched me change my mind (what is it Pixie, a half dozen times?) on what I will send him to paint. He is a patient man and a gentleman painter (who is also kicking my ass in a campaign-by-mail game), I would like to get something into is painting queue.

As to the 15s I now have, some will be kept for skirmish level, some will make a HOTT army, some will be gifts, some will be traded, some will be sold, some may still end up with Pixie for painting. (They were my Christmas gift from my wife and I will have some explaining to do)

This whole post feel like an auto-da-fe  :-[

Hi
Yes just send an email to my personal email address, the d.pengilley one.

Dave

d_Guy

06 February 2019, 07:30:39 PM #118 Last Edit: 06 February 2019, 07:39:05 PM by d_Guy
Thanks, Dave!

Already sent on to Leon, but will send against your address.

Sent to Pendraken and not minibit - correct me if that was wrong.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Leon

I've forwarded your message on Bill, no worries.  Dave will be dealing with the orders/queries through his personal email, which is the d.pengilley one that we used to use for Pendraken.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!