elizabethans

Started by Dave, 14 October 2018, 01:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Leman on 21 January 2019, 04:50:49 PM
On the news this morning it mentioned the fact that HMRC won't take credit card payments any more (and I don't think the DVLA will either) thus a cheque book is now a necessity again (EU legislation has made charging for using a credit card illegal - that's how skinflint the British government is!).

I think the no credit cards thing is something to do with not putting tax payments on credit rather than anything to do with the fees.  I don't know the full reasoning behind it, but basically you have to pay your taxes immediately, rather than the bank paying them and you potentially defaulting on the credit card payments.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Raider4

Quote from: FierceKitty on 19 January 2019, 10:38:37 AM
The line Cold news for me, for I had hope of France (spoken by the Duke of York) occurs in two locations in Henry VI part 1. Does your simian scholar have any opinion which is correct? The text is obviously corrupt.

Maybe he's trying to introduce it as his catchphrase? A fifteenth century version of Shut that door! or Stupid boy! maybe?

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Last Hussar

Quote from: Leon on 21 January 2019, 05:56:40 PM
I think the no credit cards thing is something to do with not putting tax payments on credit rather than anything to do with the fees.  I don't know the full reasoning behind it, but basically you have to pay your taxes immediately, rather than the bank paying them and you potentially defaulting on the credit card payments.
They ('we' 11 years ago) don't want people taking on high interest debt to pay tax.  When I was a Collector we we weren't just debt collectors - our aim was to get you on a stable footing so you could continue to earn, we didn't go for a quick hit.  The best way to treat me was to be honest and co-operative. There was a grey area of what you would offer, what I would take, and the line I couldn't cross. The more honest and co-operative (and that means keeping to promises) you were, the bigger the grey area.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

fred.

In what will surely be a vain attempt to bring us back on track, any photos yet?
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

Quote from: fred. on 22 January 2019, 07:59:06 AM
In what will surely be a vain attempt to bring us back on track, any photos yet?

I've got them here to do, just not had chance yet.  I've got the Ancient Greek sculpts and some more WWII painted vehicles to photo as well.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Last Hussar

Quote from: fred. on 22 January 2019, 07:59:06 AM

Good god, man. What sort of lunatic are you?

GNU PTerry

fred.

Sometimes the pills wear off, and you just do these things.

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leman

I blame it on the puffling pants!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leon

Here's the pics of Dave's figures:

2 x musketeers and rest
2 x unarmoured pike
2 x billmen
5 x aquebusiers
3 x mounted command
1 x mounted arquebusier
1 x mounted spear?

Last Hussar

Quote from: Leman on 23 January 2019, 07:55:52 AM
I blame it on the puffling pants!
Yeah, like, this is very big in Italy. Edgy.

GNU PTerry

Duke Speedy of Leighton

They won't be Daves for long...
Top work
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Very nice. I think I like the 5 arequebusier the most

Leman

I assume the mounted spearman is the genitor. I can't quite tell whether he has a shield or not.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J