elizabethans

Started by Dave, 14 October 2018, 01:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Leon on 13 January 2019, 05:30:45 PM
I'll have a chat with Dave and see what we can work out.  If these are going to be added to the Pendraken catalogue then it would be better to remould the existing Elizabethan range and include these new sculpts, so the existing pack of single pose Arquebusiers would become a 2 or 3 pose pack, the Musketeers would have an extra pose, etc., etc.

the existing hand gunner is already in the new range making a mixed pack of 5 poses.

Dave

Dave

Quote from: Leman on 13 January 2019, 04:25:43 PM
Does this mean that after all the anticipation we're not going to be able to order them from Pendraken?

Or pay me direct??

Dave

Raider4

Quote from: Dave on 14 January 2019, 07:27:43 PM
Or pay me direct??

I'm confused. Doesn't Dave == Pendraken?

Leman

I'm losing the plot here -b I thought this was all about the imminent release of a Spanish genitor. :-/
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ben Waterhouse

I don't understand....
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Shedman

Quote from: Raider4 on 14 January 2019, 08:21:32 PM

I could be wrong but I think "Dave" is actually an off-shore shell company in the Maldives that handles the millions of pounds owned by the Pendraken Foundation Trust

Pendraken Miniatures is merely a front to put HMRC (10mm Elizabethan Dept) off the trail of the Foundation's secret plan to recreate Elizabethan England in 10mm in Middlesbrough on a 1:1 scale

As I said I could be wrong

Leon

The difference with these is that they weren't sculpted as a Pendraken job, this was a personal project for Dave.  So he's paid for all of the sculpting work out of his own pocket, rather than Pendraken paying for them.  If we add them to the Pendraken site and sell them as normal then we've got to pass that money to Dave (and Pendraken would be liable for the VAT on those sales) so it's just a bit messy.

Quote from: Raider4 on 14 January 2019, 08:21:32 PM

Kind of, but not quite...!  This might help: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,17250.0.html
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt J

You'd have to probably buy the masters/moulds off Dave but then is it a viable purchase for Pendraken (what with all the other new ranges)  :- so, yeah, tricky I guess.

How about put images up - take potential orders (kind've of mini non-kickstarter) and buy off Dave if the interest is there to cover the cost?
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Fenton

Quote from: Shedman on 15 January 2019, 11:47:58 AM
I could be wrong but I think "Dave" is actually an off-shore shell company in the Maldives that handles the millions of pounds owned by the Pendraken Foundation Trust

Pendraken Miniatures is merely a front to put HMRC (10mm Elizabethan Dept) off the trail of the Foundation's secret plan to recreate Elizabethan England in 10mm in Middlesbrough on a 1:1 scale

As I said I could be wrong

If they did  I would transfer immediately
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leman

Getting back to the Spanish genitor - is it a Pendraken model or not? If not then there goes the chance of rounding off the Italian Wars.

Leon

I've had a chat with Dave tonight and he's wanting to use any money from sales to get a few more bits done for his project so these will be Dave's for the time being.  Folks can still buy them from him, but they won't be going through the Pendraken site.  I'm going to take some pictures for him so that you can see what's been done, and then he can work out the best way of ordering/paying him.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Raider4

Quote from: Leon on 15 January 2019, 10:01:48 PM
I've had a chat with Dave tonight and he's wanting to use any money from sales to get a few more bits done for his project so these will be Dave's for the time being.  Folks can still buy them from him, but they won't be going through the Pendraken site. 

So, if we buy Dave's new Elizabethans, we'll be buying from a.n.other company? Isn't that being disloyal to Pendraken? My head hurts . . .  :-X

Leman

Is the bloody genitor in there or not? Answer please - it's not rocket science!

Techno

If that's the chap with the heart shaped shield, on a horse, the answer's "Yes". :)

Though I can't remember exactly what it looked like, 'cos I've deleted all the pics I sent Dave, and I've done the Greeks and other stuff since then.

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Oh well, cheers for that Phil. Back to the 15mm guys then. Getting the 15mm Spanish army up and running would make a nice mid-year project without spending anything (unless my paint runs out).