elizabethans

Started by Dave, 14 October 2018, 01:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Verily 'tis a most excitable Lemmy, clad in cross-gartering and puffling pants.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Blackadder sculpted yet?
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

No.....and I wasn't allowed to do Lord Percy Percy with that oversized ruff, either.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

I wish you lot would stop doing stuff for Italian Wars, I already have loads of 15m painted figures and even more unpainted 15mm for it.

And you lot keep adding to the temptation.

Still there is not a Stradiot in the range, so I will convince myself that I cannot do an army until it is.  :) :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leman

Go on, go on, go on!! such a fantastic period I have it in four scales (built up over 30+ years I hasten to add).

Orcs

Quote from: Leman on 29 December 2018, 09:25:41 AM
Go on, go on, go on!! such a fantastic period I have it in four scales (built up over 30+ years I hasten to add).

What rules are you using?

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Leman

Impetus (15mm and mostly BI2 these days), To the Strongest (28mm), FoGR (10mm). Can't decide what to do with my 6mm, but will probably put them on big bases to make dioramas then find something I can use them with.

Orcs

Quote from: Leman on 29 December 2018, 05:06:12 PM
Impetus (15mm and mostly BI2 these days), To the Strongest (28mm), FoGR (10mm). Can't decide what to do with my 6mm, but will probably put them on big bases to make dioramas then find something I can use them with.

I did but FOGR and after reading it it seemed incredibly fiddly. I have looked at Impetus a couple of times, I am no investigating tweaking Sword and Spear.

Dave

3 moulds done - mounted command - officer, bugler, stnd, mounted handgunner ( :-[1 pose) and foot hand gunner (5 poses). Just about to mould the billmen(2 poses) and then the unarmoured pikemen(2 poses).

Dave :-*

Shedman

I've just finished re-reading Gloriana by Michael Moorcock.

Any chance of doing some  Elizabethan Gentlemen, Ladies, Adventurers and ne'er-do-wells?

Fenton

Quote from: Orcs on 30 December 2018, 07:15:16 AM
I did but FOGR and after reading it it seemed incredibly fiddly. I have looked at Impetus a couple of times, I am no investigating tweaking Sword and Spear.

ADLG are bringing out a renaissance set this year. We've always found the ancients version fun and quick
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leman

Far too addled to understand ADLG.

toxicpixie

It's like a sensibly written and easy to play DBx - we like it!

Although for Elizabethan stuff I might look at Baroque, the period specific Impetus version...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Period set of Mortiem et Gloriam being playtested too.