Sellswords and Spellslingers: The Summoning of an Ancient Evil

Started by sunjester, 12 October 2018, 10:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunjester

Had Last Hussar around for another evening of beer and games, so we decided to get back to our Sellswords and Spellslingers campaign. Our characters have survived a few games now and have all improved their stats (most have +2 on their primary fighting skill, the wizard has now got 2 spells etc). This made us get a bit cocky, so decided it was time to try an expert level scenario and played "The Summoning of an Ancient Evil".

A full write up of two games on the blog https://grahamsgaming.blogspot.com/2018/10/sellswords-and-spellslingers-summoning.html

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Last Hussar

I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Womble67

Sounds like you had fun I particularly like your skull Mound

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Nice game!

Still undecided wether i get into sellswords and spellslingers, or i skip it.  ~X(

Any idea where you got the cultists from?

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

sunjester

Thank you for the kind words chaps.

petercooman; Sorry no idea who made the cultists, I picked them up ready painted (not pre-painted) some years ago.

I'd say go ahead a buy S&S, for the low cost I've had hours of fun with these rules.

Raider4

Nice report(s). Made me buy these rules (only £6 on DrivethruRPG).

Did you print your own cards? How many Event cards? The description says 23, but there's only 16 in the PDF?

Cheers, M.
--

petercooman

Quote from: Raider4 on 17 October 2018, 02:18:38 PM
Nice report(s). Made me buy these rules (only £6 on DrivethruRPG).

Did you print your own cards? How many Event cards? The description says 23, but there's only 16 in the PDF?

Cheers, M.
--

There is a comment on wargamevault about this. apparently you are supposed to print some cards more han once.

you should have  3x monster activates, 2x monster frenzy, 2x ambush,2x Wandering Monster and 3x hoard activates. (according to the comment on wargamevault that is)

Quote from: sunjester on 15 October 2018, 08:29:24 AM
Thank you for the kind words chaps.

petercooman; Sorry no idea who made the cultists, I picked them up ready painted (not pre-painted) some years ago.

I'd say go ahead a buy S&S, for the low cost I've had hours of fun with these rules.

i'll be looking at the cards by melbel first (they will be attending crisis)

https://madebymelbel.de/epages/bcdda549-0f68-420c-80db-6942bbcf03ff.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/bcdda549-0f68-420c-80db-6942bbcf03ff/Categories/Sellswords__Spellslingers

I would have bought the game already, but i really don't want to make my own cards.

sunjester

I bought the game directly from Ganesha Games and got all the cards I needed in the download.

petercooman

Quote from: sunjester on 17 October 2018, 11:26:43 PM
I bought the game directly from Ganesha Games and got all the cards I needed in the download.

I meant i really don't want to print them myself.