Looking at a New HOTT Weird WWI Armies

Started by Terry37, 10 October 2018, 03:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

I am  looking at two. As I am nearing completing my Weird WWI Japaneses army I have gotten the bug to do two others. A British army and a French army. Keeping in mind that the time period for my WWI ventures is 1921, based on The Blood of Heroes books this is always a fun venture.

For the British I plan to use "Tin Can Tommies" as a behemoth, and some kind of light tank, probably a modified Matilda MkI as a Knight. Still working up the army list but the Flyer will have to be my favorite fellow Roy brown and his Sopwith Camel (my other choice was Snoopy).

https://www.amazon.com/Tin-Can-Tommies-Darkest-Hour/dp/1985399652/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539181571&sr=8-1&keywords=tin+can+tommies

The French will get a Walker, probably as a Knight and some modification of the St Chamond as a Behemoth. I'll look at a 37 MM infantry gun as the Artillery for this one.

Both armies will be a mix of figure makers, from Pendraken, Essex, Irregular and Skytrex for the planes at least.

Love WWI for the opportunity to paint up such great camouflage on the vehicles etc.

More as it develops.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

sunjester

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner