1809 Allies - Not-Kickstarter! - Pledging closed, Naps getting sculpted!

Started by Leon, 09 October 2018, 10:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zippee

I'm being a bit pressed for time currently (and research isn't easy when everything is in a box)

Rawlins needs to be read with care - his info on Wurttemberg is very remiss (although the online documents may be updated I guess)

From what I can cull from my available notes on flags we have

Wurttemberg
1st through 5th regiments had the 1st battalions each with 2 1798 pattern ducal standards (140cm square with a 6cm fringe) and the 2nd battalions (raised 1806) each with 2 1806 royal standards (125cm square with a 5cm fringe)
The 6th Kurprinz, later Kronprinz was rauised in 1803 and uniquey had its 1st battalion issued with 2 1803 electoral pattern standards (140cm square) the 2nd battalion (1806) had 2 1806 royal standards as above
The 7th Fusilier/von neubronn/von Koseritz regiment was raised in 1806, the 2nd battalion in 1807 and both battaliosn were issued with a pair of 1807 pattern royal standards (254cm square)
The 8th von Schafferstein was raised in Sept 1809 from existing depot battalions and also issued with 2 1807 pattern royal standards per battalion
The leichtes and jager carried no standards

Hesse
The leibgarde was issued with 4 leinsfahne (2 per musketeer battalion) in an all white pattern (130cm square)
The leib regiment was issued with 1 leibsfahne (white with black/red rays) and 3 regimentsfahne (black with red rays)
The gross und Erbprinz regiment was issued with 1 leibsfahne (white with black/yellow rays) and 3 regimentsfahne (black with yellow rays)
The fusilier battalions (like teh chevaux leger0 carries no standards)

Saxony
The leibsgarde and each line regiment were each issued 1802 pattern standards (the 1807 pattern replacements were odered in November 1807 and presented in 1811) which measured 157cm x 144.5cm.
1 leibsfahne was issued to the 1st battalion and 1 ordinarsfahne to the 2nd battalion of each regiment
None of the converged grenadier or schutzen battalions were issued standards

Can we check with Leon if there is any chance that the command packs of Wurttemberg and Hesse could be configured to include a pair of standard bearers (otherwise we have to buy double the amount of packs and have lots of surplus drummers!)

Leon

Quote from: Zippee on 05 November 2018, 02:59:53 PM
Can we check with Leon if there is any chance that the command packs of Wurttemberg and Hesse could be configured to include a pair of standard bearers (otherwise we have to buy double the amount of packs and have lots of surplus drummers!)

We can do that, no worries, we've done it with the Brits and KGL ranges.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sandyfalkirk

Really looking forward to this. Wishing away my life.

Anyway......did everyone pay their pledge and is it full steam ahead?

Leon

We've still got a few orders to confirm with folks, maybe 8 of the 'pledgees' I think, but I know a couple of guys are away at the moment and haven't had chance to reply to the email.  The sculpting got underway today and the Hesse infantry were first in the queue.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Zippee

Just confirmed my order total Leon,

Thanks again everyone, I'm really happy this has worked out.

Scolty

Scolty

Hi WeeWars,

Will pop by your stand on Saturday. Was helping my mate out on his stand at 'Skelp', but have got time off for good behaviour on Saturday so will have time for a good look around.

I always enjoy 'Kirrie' show - nice atmosphere - just a shame Pendraken aren't there!

Scolty

kustenjaeger

Leon

Hopefull you've now got my form back - curse of the junk mail folder!

Edward

Leon

John Cook

Leon,

If it is of any use there is this;

https://dlib.rsl.ru/viewer/01003756460#?page=1

It is the 1909 work by Gen Hekkel of the trophies in the Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan in St Petersberg.  Although in Russian it has illustrations of many colours and standards taken by the Russians during the war, including Polish and Saxon.  Many were taken in 1812-1814 but they are largely still relevant for 1809. 

I've also got the Le Plumet Serie D set of plates by Albert Rigondaud in my collection, which has four plates on the Grand Duchy of Warsaw, as well a Saxon stuff.  If it is of any use let me know

Leon

Quote from: John Cook on 02 January 2019, 12:25:29 AM
If it is of any use there is this;

https://dlib.rsl.ru/viewer/01003756460#?page=1

It is the 1909 work by Gen Hekkel of the trophies in the Cathedral of Our Lady of Kazan in St Petersberg.  Although in Russian it has illustrations of many colours and standards taken by the Russians during the war, including Polish and Saxon.  Many were taken in 1812-1814 but they are largely still relevant for 1809.  

I've also got the Le Plumet Serie D set of plates by Albert Rigondaud in my collection, which has four plates on the Grand Duchy of Warsaw, as well a Saxon stuff.  If it is of any use let me know

Thanks for the link John, that's excellent and I'll pass this over to Tony.  For anyone interested, the French flags start on page 65, then other nations from 125 I think (Russian isn't a strong point!)

lenwelin

As agreed in our emails, I post my initial order:

NDW3      1  Line / fusiliers command (czapska)
NDW5      2  Line Elites (Volt / Gren), firing line (16) (czapska)
NDW7      1  Mounted officer (5)
NDW9      1  Uhlan Elites ( 8 )
NDW10    1  6pdr (SYW) with foot crew (3)
NDW11    1  6pdr (SYW) with horse crew (3)
PNFL516   1  Duchy of Warsaw flags (x18)
total: £ 28.40

first invoice (50%) paid

Cheers,
Adam

Techno

And as that was your first post lenwelin.........A warm welcome to the forum !

Cheers - Phil

TinyTinTroops

Hi Folks

I have now only the sheet layout to do for the flags of Saxony, Hesse-Darmstadt & Wurttemberg. I'll be discussing that with Leon & Dave at the York show. Thanks to a huge amount of help and info from Andrew I think you will like these.

Now it is on to the Duchy of Warsaw !

I have the Osprey on Nap flags & also Keith Over's book as my first references but have a lot less confidence in them that before working with Andrew on the German states' flags (there were a lot of errors in those sections). The link above would be useful if only I could read Russian - but I can't. What I can read is the text but without the rest of the flag description or an image, it is of very limited use.

Is there a better source that these ? Particularly I'm looking for drawings or good photos of existing flags or copies made from them - they are so much easier to work with than textual info. (I'll take and use textual info. if that is all I can get though).

Tony of TTT

Tony Hughes of Tiny Tin Troops

2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

John Cook

Quote from: TinyTinTroops on 01 February 2019, 08:19:52 PM
Hi Folks

I have now only the sheet layout to do for the flags of Saxony, Hesse-Darmstadt & Wurttemberg. I'll be discussing that with Leon & Dave at the York show. Thanks to a huge amount of help and info from Andrew I think you will like these.

Now it is on to the Duchy of Warsaw !

I have the Osprey on Nap flags & also Keith Over's book as my first references but have a lot less confidence in them that before working with Andrew on the German states' flags (there were a lot of errors in those sections). The link above would be useful if only I could read Russian - but I can't. What I can read is the text but without the rest of the flag description or an image, it is of very limited use.

Is there a better source that these ? Particularly I'm looking for drawings or good photos of existing flags or copies made from them - they are so much easier to work with than textual info. (I'll take and use textual info. if that is all I can get though).

Tony of TTT

The Osprey's and Keith Over's books are not very good.  I wouldn't use them for anything.  They are useless where Wurttemberg is concerned.  What is it you need?  I can probably help.