1809 Allies - Not-Kickstarter! - Pledging closed, Naps getting sculpted!

Started by Leon, 09 October 2018, 10:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: sultanbev on 14 October 2018, 11:55:41 PM
Casualty figures!

No worries, I've updated the target list and added these at £5k.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Zippee

Huzzah!

Do we get the wurst seat 6pdrs already or is there a target?

mollinary

Wow, that was quick!   Congratulations, Leon  =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

paulr

Well done all  =D> =D> =D>

Tony Q will be busy :!!

Aztecs and now 1809 :o :o
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Zippee

15 October 2018, 10:56:15 AM #94 Last Edit: 15 October 2018, 10:58:42 AM by Zippee
I'm not sure we need Aztecs for 1809.

Russians though, we will need Russians  :D

sultanbev

Cossacks! Yeah!
Dunno about Aztecs, but an 1809ish Spanish Mexican army is on my later shopping list. That's all dudes in bicornes and long-tailed coats though. Apart from the lancers in leather coats and shields. And the 1pdr mule mounted swivel guns......

Mark

pierre the shy

Quote from: Zippee on 15 October 2018, 10:56:15 AM
I'm not sure we need Aztecs for 1809.

Russians though, we will need Russians  :D

Great to see this not-kickstarter being so well supported.....sorry won't be joining in myself but could be seriously tempted by some 1980 Russians down the track...... ;) 

Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Leon

Quote from: Zippee on 15 October 2018, 07:13:40 AM
Do we get the wurst seat 6pdrs already or is there a target?

We'll get that done, no worries there.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

cudders

Hi chaps,

Having done Adlers for the last 20 years, excellent range, my eyes are now struggling so am now looking harder at 10mm.

I was originally put off as the Nap ranges were rather limited but good to see some movement!

I will likely miss this event but will order a sample range to see if they fit the bill.

If so I will definitely purchase some of these ranges!

Good luck with it!

Cudders

cudders

Forgot to mention,  I note there are already some Polish and Wurttemburg already in the 1812 range.

Are the new figures to replace or expand them also?

Cudders

Zippee

19 October 2018, 12:56:24 PM #100 Last Edit: 19 October 2018, 01:11:01 PM by Zippee
Quote from: cudders on 18 October 2018, 10:08:43 PM
Hi chaps,

Having done Adlers for the last 20 years, excellent range, my eyes are now struggling so am now looking harder at 10mm.

I was originally put off as the Nap ranges were rather limited but good to see some movement!

I also have a lot of investment in 6mm Adlers but started the slow process of transfer to 10mm a couple of years ago, the difference is marked, the ease of painting noticeable. And most of all my friends' ability to tell units apart, which way they're marching and their ability to pick them up has improved dramatically  :D

by way of comparison:

6mm Adler Hessians
1st Leib Garde Regiment 01 by Zippee Jerred, on Flickr

and 10mm PD French
French Ligne 1809 - 3rd Regiment, Battalion I 02 by Zippee Jerred, on Flickr

I really do need to photograph more stuff, what I really need are a couple of clones one for work, one for chores and then I'm sorted :)

Zippee

Quote from: cudders on 18 October 2018, 10:26:02 PM
Forgot to mention,  I note there are already some Polish and Wurttemburg already in the 1812 range.

Are the new figures to replace or expand them also?

Cudders

Hi you can check out this thread:
Quote from: Leon on 18 October 2018, 05:15:11 PM
It's not a great image but this is the 1812 Polish with an 1809 Frenchman in the middle:

as far as differences I believe the 1812 range is Wurttembergers in shako rather than helmet - shako was introduced November 1811 IIRC (there are a number of compounding and wide-ranging uniform changes starting in May 1811 that substantially change the look of all arms). The Warsaw range is more update and completion to bring in line with rest of 1809 range - haven seen those pictures there maybe isn't as much difference in uniform depiction as presumed but it's very hard to tell - the 1812 fusilier depicted appears to be in long gaiters which would be anachronistic even for 1809!

Leon

Pledge received by email from member loupdemer:

Here is my selection of Duchy of Warsaw figures:-
NDW 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 One of each

grahambeyrout

Leon,
I have been tempted a tiny bit more. To my previous order could you add

1 X NSA 6
1 X NSA 10

thanks

Leon