1809 Allies - Not-Kickstarter! - Pledging closed, Naps getting sculpted!

Started by Leon, 09 October 2018, 10:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sultanbev

"I thought the only difference between the early and late Russian infantry was the shako. "

It is as far as I know, and indeed, more recent research implies that even in 1812 most Russian infantry still had the 1809 shako, not the Kiwer. Not sure about the cavalry either, don't think they changed either. (You can tell I've never really looked at 1809 Russians....)

Looks like my arguement is in tatters and it's actually cheaper and quicker to start an 1809 Russian range than it is to finish the 1812 range. doh!
Although, many on my list would be suitable for the 1809 range.

Okay, re-reading the Osprey MAA185, it gets more complicated.
Shako from 1805-June 1809 plain with pompom, cylindrical backpack worn at angle, with metal mess tin attached (which means the previous bicornes were probably worn to 1807 in some units)
July 1808 the backpack replaced by rectanguler black one, rolled greatcoat slung over left shoulder (which means the cylindrical one was probably worn until late 1809 in some units)
shako with chords June 1809 onwards (which means the plain shako probably worn until 1810ish)

So for 1809 Russian infantry, you'd have 3 options alone, before you even get to the grenadiers in their fat bog-brush plumes, which I would suspect had similar options:
Grenadiers:
1) plain shako with bog-brush plume, cylindrical backpack
2) plain shako with bog-brush plume, rectangular back pack
3) shako with chords & bog-brush plume, rectangular backpack (June 1809-Feb 1811)
with {for later reference}
4) shako with chords & tall thin plume, rectangular backpack (Feb 1811-1812)

Jagers appeared to follow the line infantry patterns after dropping the top hat in 1806ish.

Mark

sultanbev

Quote from: Chad on 11 October 2018, 07:57:51 PM
It's a pity this idea could not have been tried for the French Revolution remodelling and expansion. Would have saved me investing in 15mm. 😩

Which French revolution remodelling was that? Did I miss something? Because the current range has no cavalry....
And no infantry in top hats or korshuts and long tailed coats.

Mark

Zippee

Quote from: sultanbev on 11 October 2018, 06:39:23 PM
I always think there is a massive difference between finishing off a range compared to starting a complete new one. Eg to finish the 1812 Russians would take maybe 11 codes, the first 5 essential:

Whereas you'd be starting from scratch with the earlier era Russians,

Mark

True but I see it as completing the 1809 range - Russia was involved as a belligerent after all  :D

And you can backdate Austria with 2 packs of Hungarian fusiliers in helmets essentially

And the 1812 range is old, my understanding is it is in need of updating wholesale, not adding to. So in effect it also should start from scratch with remodelling.

Chad

mark

You didn't miss anything. I just thought this idea of Not-Kickstarter May have been a way to do it. C'est la vie!

Leon

Just a quick note on the Revolutionary ranges as we've not discussed those for some time now.  The last time we chatted about redoing/expanding those ranges there was a lot of support for it, but the consensus was that folks wanted them done by Clibinarium.  That was really the stumbling block for it as Clib is very much in demand and his time is limited these days, so we weren't really able to proceed with anything.  If folks would be happy for them to be done by Tony (like our other Naps-era ranges) then we can look at it as a more feasible option in the future.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

sultanbev

Quote from: Leon on 11 October 2018, 10:51:23 PM
If folks would be happy for them to be done by Tony (like our other Naps-era ranges) then we can look at it as a more feasible option in the future.

Ah, being new to this 10mm malarky I'm not aware of the differences between styles and who did what ranges.
The 1812 Austrians I'm painting at the moment look fine to me, but I gather they are an older range?
I'll see soon enough when the next package arrives as I've ordered some Rev Wars and 1809 stuff,

Anyways, if this 1809 not-kickstarter works, it'll give impetuous for a Rev Wars one later next year perhaps,

Mark

Ben Waterhouse

12 October 2018, 02:57:35 PM #51 Last Edit: 30 October 2018, 09:47:57 PM by Leon
NWU1 x 2
NWU3 x 1
NWU4 x 1
NWU5 x 1
NWU6 x 2
NWU7 x 1
NWU8 x 1
NWU11 x 1
NWU13 x 1 - Added

Ta...

Oh and I'm cool with Tony doing the Rev Range as long as there are Dromedaries...
Arma Pacis Fulcra

Chad

Leon

It would not have mattered to me who did them. However, having now invested heavily in 15mm for the French Revolution I regret it will be of little interest.

Leon

Quote from: Ben Waterhouse on 12 October 2018, 02:57:35 PM
NWU1 x 2
NWU3 x 1
NWU4 x 1
NWU5 x 1
NWU6 x 1
NWU7 x 1
NWU8 x 1
NWU11 x 1

Thanks for that, added to the list!

Quote from: Chad on 12 October 2018, 03:23:40 PM
It would not have mattered to me who did them. However, having now invested heavily in 15mm for the French Revolution I regret it will be of little interest.

I understand and it's a shame we've never been able to get something sorted out.  The Revolutionary ranges have been bounced around for many years and there was a large group willing to put the money in but it all got a bit messy and never got beyond the ranges we've got now.  The last time they tried to resurrect the project the consensus was for Clib to do the sculpting and that pretty much stopped any progress as we had other things on the go.

We'll come back to it at some point but I see it as part of the continued Naps expansion now, and it'll be scheduled in as we work through the different sections of the Naps period.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

kustenjaeger

12 October 2018, 04:58:51 PM #54 Last Edit: 28 October 2018, 07:52:48 PM by Leon
Greetings

Hessians for me for a 1:20 brigade.

7 X NHD1    Line/fusilier, march attack   £5.25
1 X NHD2    Line/fusilier, firing line   £5.25
1 X NHD3    Line/fusilier command   £5.25
1 X NHD4    Mounted officers (5)    £1.75
1 X NHD5    Chevaux-Legers   £5.25
1 X NHD6    6pdr guns (Nap Austrian) with crew (3)   £5.25
1 X NHD7    7" Howitzers (Nap Austrian) with crew (3)   £5.25
2 X NHD8    Limbers

So about £75.25, I think.

Regards

Edward

Leon

Quote from: kustenjaeger on 12 October 2018, 04:58:51 PM
7 X NHD1    Line/fusilier, march attack   £5.25
1 X NHD2    Line/fusilier, firing line   £5.25
1 X NHD3    Line/fusilier command   £5.25
1 X NHD4    Mounted officers (5)    £1.75
1 X NHD5    Chevaux-Legers   £5.25
1 X NHD6    6pdr guns (Nap Austrian) with crew (3)   £5.25
1 X NHD7    7" Howitzers (Nap Austrian) with crew (3)   £5.25

Thanks for that Edward, much appreciated!

8)

Matt J

Hi Leon

Put me down for £100, not sure what packs yet. Didn't have any plans for Naps but feel like I'm missing out otherwise  :D

Matt
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Zippee

Quote from: Leon on 11 October 2018, 10:51:23 PM
Just a quick note on the Revolutionary ranges as we've not discussed those for some time now.  The last time we chatted about redoing/expanding those ranges there was a lot of support for it, but the consensus was that folks wanted them done by Clibinarium.  That was really the stumbling block for it as Clib is very much in demand and his time is limited these days, so we weren't really able to proceed with anything.  If folks would be happy for them to be done by Tony (like our other Naps-era ranges) then we can look at it as a more feasible option in the future.

8)

Whilst I have all the admiration in the world for Clib's sculpting skill (and not a little bit of evil green jealousy) I'd actually prefer for the Rev range to be sculpted by Tony - and the rest of the Nap range too. I'd much prefer uniformity of style within a particular set of linked ranges than having it spread about - it's not talent levels it's compatibility.

So I'd be all up for a Rev War non-KS at some point - will need a period of painting grace though for this one  :D

Zippee

Quote from: Matt J on 12 October 2018, 07:54:44 PM
Hi Leon

Put me down for £100, not sure what packs yet. Didn't have any plans for Naps but feel like I'm missing out otherwise  :D

Matt

Spiffing example, now if just every forum member would be so gracious and community spirited all these non-KS projects would get funded and we'd all be happier for it.

Huzzah for the hive minded community!